Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Art Show

 Last week we got to go to a very special art show.  It was put on by the Hudsonville School District.  There were pieces from kids in Kindergarten to 12 grade.  This includes several grade schools, a few middle schools and the high school.
Pieces were chosen to be displayed, and one of the artists was our Ruby!

The pieces were on display at the town hall, and each school had a certain night for their artists to be there and show their work.  Ruby was excited to show us her piece.



Each student that had a piece shown got a sticker with their name on.



Here is Ruby with her art teacher.





There was a lot of art to look at and it took some time to find Ruby's piece.  We knew the name was Primary Cow, so we had an idea of what to look for.  It was fun to look, as there were some very talented artists there.  It was interesting to see the work of kids in such an age range.



This rabbit sculpture by an 11th grader was so good!




This was done by someone in middle school.



These cute little birds were done by a kindergartner.





This one just amazed us!  A Senior drew this one.




Of course, our favorite artist was our own first grader, Ruby!  This is her primary cow - a cow done in primary colors.

What a fun night!  So enjoyable to see all the art, and so good for these kids to get praised for their work.



20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love looking at children's artwork, and will be looking at some of our own granddaughter's on display next weekend. Ruby's cow is so much fun! And this senior drawing is so amazing, what awesome talent. The rabbit sculpture is good as well. I could never make one near as good. This must be a very good art teacher.

Sandi said...

So much talent!

Hootin Anni said...

I'd still be there!! What talents by all!!!

Donna said...

Aww! Ruby's Primary Cow is too special! Love the idea of it...
The portrait done by the senior...just beautiful!
When in high school, our friend Henry was the same. He could and still can (age 74 now) draw beautifully. Don't think there's much Henry can't do...he designs and builds homes.
Have a sweet week friend!
hughugs
Donna

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, those young people are all very talented! The art show looks like it was lots of fun. Ruby did a great job on that cow. I love the emphasis on art in your school district! Have a great week!

Suemn said...

Wonderful art by all of them. I always stop to view the art by the school age youngsters when I go to our State Fair and I am always impressed with their talent.

Sparky said...

That's a talented bunch. Especially the one done by a Senior. Wow. I also thought the cute little birds was worthy. That's creativity. Nicely done.
Blessings. xx

Changes in the wind said...

What a fun night to see all the different art and of course you would be proud of Ruby for her primary cow. You never know if there is a aspiring artist tucked inside of the kids.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely event with wonderful Art!!!

Congratulations to your own little Artist!

Gentle hugs,
🌸🌼🌸🌼🌸

R's Rue said...

These are so pretty.

Terri D said...

Ruby's cow is SO GOOD!! My favorite gallery at the museum where I worked was the Student Art Gallery. The kids are so talented and they have no fear about creating great art. I loved seeing this!! Keep after Ruby to continue being creative!! She gets her talent from her Grandma, I think! xo

Kim said...

Oh, I love school art shows. There's always so much talent on display. Ruby's cow is amazing. It reminds my of the contour drawings we used to do it school.

happyone said...

I too enjoy looking at art work by kids. Some amazing talent.
Ruby's Primary Cow is great.

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

There's some talent there for sure. What a nice place to go and see the artwork. Ruby did great too.
I have always loved art.

Tracy dixon said...

Her art work is beautiful. They all are.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! Playing catch up after my travels. I love art shows like these. So many talented kiddos. That pencil drawing by the senior is amazing! But Ruby's does take the cake! 😉 She's growing up so fast- I remember when she was more like Cassie. And now she is showcasing her talent in art shows! Where does the time go?

Diana said...

Yayyyyyyy, Ruby! {loud applause} I love your cow, Ruby! That rabbit is really very good -- the student did a great job with the details. Every piece looks super awesome. I love kids' artwork so much... especially my grandkids' of course lol.

Beth Cotell said...

I love it! She did such a great job!

Laura said...

She was so proud, and so proud to show her art to you!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love Ruby's cow! Looks like she is following in the family tradition of exceptional artistic talent! I am not surprised. There is some really good work on display there! Love that rabbit sculpture. xoxo