Pages

Monday, April 25, 2022

Grand Re-Opening

 Saturday Bob's store had a Grand  re-opening.    It's a True Value Hardware store, and they have been working on a big addition.



Here's the store.  The area to the left of the window is the original store.  The whole area with the windows and entry is new, so you can see that it was a significant addition.

I've seen the work in progress, but Saturday I stopped to see the completed new look.  Here's a little tour.




Here's Bob and a co-worker at the paint center.




This is a new addition - a little coffee shop with coffee, capucino, icee's and popcorn!




Another new addition is this appliance section.




Lots of lawn equipment!  In the winter, there will be lots of snowblowers.




This is a design area for hardscaping in yards, block for retaining walls, block and brick for outside fireplaces and patio stones.





Lots of tools, and of course, everything else that you find in a hardware store.





One other thing that you see all over the store are these mounted animals.



It's a very nice store, and if I do say so myself, they have very nice employees too!

16 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. That is the biggest and nicest True Value Hardware store I have ever seen! The True Value stores we have around here tend to be quite small and don't have anything like appliances. They mostly have tools and garden stuff. Looks like Bob's new and improved store is more like a Home Depot or Lowes instead of a True Value. Looks like a nice place to work, and working with nice people is always a great perk! Hope your week is going well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, this would give Lowe's and Home Depot a run for their money! We have several True Value's here, but none near this big or fancy. It is wonderful, I would hang out there all the time. I wish we had one like this.

Hootin Anni said...

This is all so impressive!! It's also pretty nifty seeing your hubby in his work environment.

Kerin said...

Wow! That is quite the addition!
Looks like a one-and-done kind of store, with so many specialty areas to help customers out. Yes..the employees at that store there, look like the nicest folks :)
I love stores like that!

Our local hardware store has just about anything a homeowner would need and more...it's been around so long that often if you need something to make a repair on an older model of anything, that store will have it :)



~K.

Suemn said...

I agree with you. It looks like a nice store. Hardware stores have sure changed over the years in what they have to offer.

Changes in the wind said...

What a nice place and it is strikingly clean! Love the stuffed animals, makes me think of our Pro Bass shops here.

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Looks like a very nice store! Nice people who are great employees is a blessing too

Jeanette said...

That is a very nice hardware store! I love that fact that there is a little coffee area! That would be a draw for me!

Tracy dixon said...

We don't have a True Value around here. We have Lowes, Home Depot and Tractor Supplys. I don't think I've ever been in one. It looks nice.

Susan said...

That's a big improvement, especially the coffee bar!

happyone said...

I agree with Deb in that the True Value hardware stores around here are small local stores.
Looks like a great store and more like Home Depot or Lowes.
Nice friendly employees are always a pleasure!!!

Terri D said...

Wow! That is a huge store now! I love the coffee shop. I would pop in often, I think! Thanks for sharing, Mari! xo

Diana said...

That is a huuuuuge store! I had no idea True Value stores had gone to selling all these products, but then I've never been inside one of their stores (closest is over an hour away and I haven't been to that city since 2012). I'm impressed with the variety. Heck, I would visit just for an Icee and some popcorn! LOL!

Linda said...

Oh wow (and how did I miss this post? grin) I want to visit that store, grin. Nice photos. smiles

Kim said...

Wow, that's beautiful! We don't have hardware stores like that around here. Our True Values are much smaller and there's no coffee...or animals mounted on the wall!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Good grief! Who needs Lowe's or Home Depot? That is fantastic! I have never seen such a spectacular True Value (or any other) hardware store! I bet Bon is in his glory and the pirate opines that they are mighty lucky to have him. Can't wait to see the post where the girlies visit the café while they visit Grandpa! xoxo