Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Peep houses

 We had the girls overnight this weekend and had fun as usual. One of the fun things we did was to make Peep houses!  I saw this on FB and knew the girls would have fun with it.
All you need is graham crackers, frosting, green sprinkles, some Easter candy (we used jelly beans and M&M's) and some marshmallow peeps.  (We used bunnies, but any type would work)

We started by spreading frosting on a disc that we put on a paper plate.  We then put green sprinkles on it to represent grass.  
We then took 3 graham cracker halves, put frosting on the edges and stood them together in the frosting
grass and pressing the seams together, with an opening in front.
Then we took 2 more graham cracker halves, put more frosting on the edges, and put them on top for a roof.


We added frosting to the top and put M&M's over the top to decorate it.  This is Ruby working on hers.




Here's Bob helping Alaina hold her house together while she decorates it.
We put jelly beans in the "grass" and then added our Peep bunnies inside the house.



Here's the house Ruby and I did.




Here's Bob an Alaina with their creation.




And here they both are!  Fun to make, and they stayed together long enough for us to get them back to the girls houses.
I will say that there were quite a few jelly beans, M&M's and even a few Peeps eaten during construction!



The girls made a few other construction projects while they were over.  They were pretty proud of this castle they made and asked me to take a picture of it.



And they love playing with Lego's too, and had great fun making lots of things with them.

We sure love spending time with them!

21 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Peep houses are adorable! I want to make them with our granddaughters, but houses always fall apart on me! They did a great job with the castle, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

These peep houses are soooo cute! Have a great week!

Connie said...

What a sweet project to do with children . . . When the fun is done they are a sweet treat. Yum! When I was a kid my mom used to take her extra frosting and make graham cracker sandwich cookies.

Hootin Anni said...

I like these bunny houses better than those gingerbread houses for the Christmas season. And, oh the possibilities. These girls are sure getting prettier & prettier...good DNA.

LL Cool Joe said...

I love the Peep Houses, really cute. I don't think you can get Peeps in the UK sadly as I think my Granddaughter would love to make a house.

Looks like you all had a great time!

Sparky said...

It's wonderful to make such happy memories. They are lucky to grow up making such fun projects with parents and/or grandparents. So cute.
Blessings. xx

Suemn said...

The girls did a great job on those bunny houses:) I bet they love coming to your house to work on crafts. You always have fun craft ideas and they seem to always have something to take home after a stay at your house.

Arlene G said...

Those bunny houses are precious. Makes me wish my younger grands lived closer so we could make some. But Hey, the teens would probably like them as well.

Martha said...

The little peep houses are so adorable! What a great little Easter project. Their castle is pretty cool too :)

Doris Fahnestock said...

Those peep houses are so cute. Would be fun to do it with my Grands too!
Have a great week, Mari.

Changes in the wind said...

Love that you do a little craft with them and they always turn out cute!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Soooo precious! I think I will share them, with our family next door! A cute new project, for Easter Time.

Legos are wonderful fun. Fun while learning. The best kind. -smile-

"Miss BB"
🌷🌸🎀🌸🌷

Terri D said...

Always a fun visit at Grandma's house! Those peep houses are so cute... but not a cute and sweet as those two girls!! Thanks for sharing the fun, Mari! xo

Jeanette said...

Those are so cute! My grandsons love playing with Legos too! We had them overnight yesterday and Maxwell built a plane out of Legos and proceeded to tell me all the parts! Wings, batteries, landers!

Kim said...

Peep houses? I love them!!

Jean said...

Those peep houses are absolutely adorable!!

That pile of LEGOS on the floor looks very familiar!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Lovie!
Playing catch up. I love seeing how you spend time with your precious girlies. And you come up with THE SWEETEST ideas! (pun intended 😉) I wish Annie were 5 years younger again, sigh. I just pray I have grands one day too. Lol
Blessings. 💕

Jenny the Pirate said...

PEEP HOUSES: ADORABLE! That looks easy enough that even I could maybe not mess it up. I would love eating any leftover construction materials. The other night TG and I were at Walmart looking for a certain item in the toy department, for one of the grandkids. TG wandered by the Lego inventory and became transfixed by all the different sets. It's been a long time since we bought Legos, since the kids got a huge bucket of them when they were little, and we still have them, and all the grands have played with them. But I think we may be purchasing more in the near future ... for someone! Not sure who, haaaha -- TG or one of the grands. xoxo

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Those graham cracker houses with the Peeps bunnies are adorable. What a fun project.

Tracy dixon said...

Those are so adorable

Laura said...

Good thing you took pictures, those Peep houses didn't last long!