Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 This recipe is a long time family favorite.  Chicken, in a creamy sauce, wrapped in tortilla,  a little more sauce and cheese.  What's not to like?


White Chicken Enchiladas
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute. Stir in green chilies, sour cream and soup. Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside. Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese. Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up. Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce. Pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.


14 comments:

Terri D said...

Yummy!! I want some right now!

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW sounds like comfort food for a cold rainy night! Love it! xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Just printed this, and am making it tomorrow!!

Susan said...

Sounds really good! We usually make ours with corn tortillas, but have also tried the flower. Never used the soup before and I bet it taste so creamy. Thanks for sharing.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhh, delicious I'm sure. I love everything Mexican.

(Thanks for allowing me to use your tree photo...much appreciated).

Arlene G said...

Never met an enchilada that I did not like.lol

Sparky said...

Mexican dishes are so comforting. This one really sounds good. Thanks for sharing. xx

Changes in the wind said...

Who could resist:)

Debi said...

Yum! I have a son who always asks for Mexican food for his birthday dinner. I think I will throw this recipe into the mix next year! Thanks for sharing.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yes, yes, yes! I love Mexican food and this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

Connie said...

My mouth is watering . . . if I lived closer I just might be knocking on your door, fork in hand :)

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Mari, this sure sounds tasty.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I'm quite sure they make G/F tortillas. And so, I should look for some, and make such recipes. We so need a change, in our usual menus!!!!

🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh yes, seems as if I have seen all Midsomer Murders, but I'm sure I have not.

"Vera" took some getting used to for me. Gritty, is a good word for it I guess. But now I am hooked! -smile-

We used to love the whole Sat. night lineup. But then, the silly station changed the 8pm show. -pout- Oh well, last night, watched an hour of an old movie, between 8 and 9. Till "Vera" came on.

There are so many great Brit Shows! I am going to get "Brit Box," soon. For a really great selection of them. -smile-

🌺🌸🌷🌸🌺