Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Today's recipe is mashed potatoes!  Who doesn't like mashed potatoes?  These are a little fancier version, but are really easier to make than regular because you don't have to peel them!  I like to make them as a side when I don't have gravy to go with them.  Check these out - they are yummy!



Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes

3 pounds redskin potatoes
8 ounces cream cheese
1 stick butter
seasoned salt and pepper to taste

Wash potatoes, do not peel!  Half or quarter them, depending on size.  Then boil them for 30-45 minuts until fork tender.
Drain potatoes, then place them back on low heat to evaporate any remaining water. Leave heat on for about 1 minute, then turn off.
Put cream cheese and butter into pain, mash all together using hand held potato masher.
Stir in seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
You can now place them in the crock pot on low if you aren't ready to serve them, or put them on the table and enjoy!


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

YUM!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

These look delicious.

Susan said...

This sounds so good! I showed it to my hubby and he wants to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

Cream cheese? I don't think I've had them fixed this way. I love potatoes.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I love mashed potatoes and anything with cream cheese in it, has to be good.

Sparky said...

Oh my goodness, that makes my mouth water. Yum! xx

Arlene G said...

Believe it or not I am not a big mashed potato fan....

Catherine said...

Looks easy and delicious.

Terri D said...

Look and sound delicious! I have never put cream cheese in mashed potatoes before. Yum!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhh, added Cream Cheese!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!

🌷🌺🌸🎀🌸🌺🌷

Mary said...

Hootin Annie, cream cheese in mashed potatoes is wonderful, so yummy. When I make them that way I also add some sautéed chopped green onions too. I am making them that way to serve with the ham for Easter

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Happy Easter
🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇🎀🐇

Kim said...

My weakness...wow, so good!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I never met a tater I did not like. I always add LOTS of butter and sour cream ... and the only time I peel a potato is for tater salad. So good. xoxo