Pages

Monday, December 18, 2023

It's a wrap!

 I have a few wrapping ideas for you today.  I often do little gifts for co-workers or neighbors, and sometimes just because it's fun!  If you have something that's just a small gift, wrapping it cute makes it so much nicer.  So here's a couple of ideas.


We have a small group from church. We usually all go out for Christmas and some of us bring a little gift along.  This year I got some hand soap from Bath and Bodyworks and this is how I packaged it.


I wrapped it in tissue and put it in a lunch bag.  I punched the top of the bag to give it a lacy look.  Then I punched little holes in and strung cord through, tied it and tied a tag to it.



The tag says "We wash you a Merry Christmas."  I use this site from Avery tags, to make the tags.  It gives you a lot of decorative options and then you can personalize it.  I use cardstock to print them off - they print 12 to a page.  Then I punch them out with this circle hole punch.  The options are endless!



This is something I did for my co-workers.  I put a little bag of home-made caramels in this food quality bag, put a doily over the top, punched holes and put twine through them. Then I put on another tag I made and tied a bow.




Here's a close-up.




Here's another version of that.  For this one, I cut the paper doily in half, folded the top over it, punched it and used red and white twine to tie it.  This one is for neighbors so I made another tag for it.




Here's a close up of this one.
These are all easy to do, the hardest thing is getting the cord through the holes!  The food bags, twine, cord and doilies are all available through Amazon.

24 comments:

Jan said...

Great ideas! They are so cute!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a darling, creative way to get Christmas all wrapped up! Thanks for the ideas. See you again soon!

Mandy said...

I love this! I also had no idea that the Avery site had such cute tags! I know the people who receive these are just tickled to death! They are so cute!

Debby said...

Oh wow so cute! I’ll have to tuck these ideas away for future reference.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing Mari, I have done the same before with the bags. Thanks for the link too. Thise are perfect for the tops of the scrubs I like to make. You are very creative!!!

roentare said...

Many wrapped up presents

Suemn said...

What a neat idea! You are so creative:)

Jeanette said...

Those are all great!

Dianna said...

Mari, I love both of these ideas! They are so pretty. I will definitely keep these ideas in mind for next year.

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well are you not the cleverest clogs EVER????? That first one blew me away! Love love love all of these!!! xoxo

Sparky said...

Clever and easy! I like LOTS! Thanks for sharing these ideas.
Merry Christmas. xx

happyone said...

Great idea. They are lovely.

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing. Janice

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - I adore all of these ideas! So clever, cute and homespun. May have to steal some of these for next year - and those caramels! 😉 Lol

Terri D said...

Isn't Amazon the best?! Oh my goodness. These are all adorable, Mari. I need to remember these great ideas!!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such lovely ideas for gift wrap! I would never have thought of those tags and trims, etc. You have stimulated my thinking...but now to get my body and brain to cooperate together! LOL Your friends will love receiving those pretty gifts!

acorn hollow said...

Very sweet ideas.
cathy

Veronica Lee said...

I love your ideas. So pretty and clever!

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Sola Scriptura said...

These look amazing!! You are so talented.

Happy@Home said...

Great ideas! Thank you for sharing them. I especially like the labels you made at the Avery sight. I am going to check that out.

Catherine said...

I also use paper doilies for presents and red and white thread.

Kim said...

Oh I love those doily packages, Mari! They are darling. Merry Christmas to you and yours and I hope Santa is good to all!!

Billie Jo said...

Merry Christmas, my friend. Happy and Blessed New Year too!