Pages

Monday, December 11, 2023

Christmas Programs

 It's the season for Christmas programs!  Last week we had two of them.
One was Ruby's school program.  Alaina is now in 6th grade and doesn't have one, so it was only Ruby in it this year.

Here they were lining up on the stage and she saw us.




The third grade, singing and waving ribbons.




Ruby was excited about a special part she had this year.  She got to go up front with 11 other 3rd graders when they sang a special version of The 12 days of Christmas.  Her part was playing cowbells, on the third day - so she got to play them quite a bit.  She did great!




We got to hear the 4th grade too, and one song they sang was 'Shalom' which was interesting because parts of it were in Hebrew and they did sign language with it.




Here's Ruby after the program was done.


The other program we had was Cassie's first Sunday School Christmas program.
She was so excited about it, and told her parents she was going to stand straight and tall and sing loud because Grandpa and Grandma were coming. She was part of the youngest group, the 2 and 3 year olds who were just singing one song and then going back to sit with their parents,
Of course, we ended up sitting on the wrong side and couldn't see her well, but here's a few blurry pics that I got.


Lining up in front




Starting the song....




Singing is tiring, better sit down.




Getting really tired - I better lay down!




The song's getting done, better sit up again.




Full of smiles, back by Dad and Mom.  




Here's Cassie, after the program was done.
She may not have stood straight and tall, or sung loud, but we were proud of her anyway!



18 comments:

Mandy said...

How exciting! Cassie is precious and I know she put on a great show! Same for Ruby! I love her dress and I know she did great. I miss watching my son in Christmas programs. Such sweet memories!

Dianna said...

Oh my, Mari! How I LOVED this! That Ruby is such a beautiful girl and I am glad she was the one who got to ring the cowbells. I would have loved that job! And what an incredible director they must have had for the 4th grade to be able to sing Shalom...learning parts in Hebrew AND doing sign language. Wow! That director deserves something special!

And that dear sweet Cassie! I chuckled, not so much at the pictures and her many different poses, but your captions were perfect! What a sweetie she is!

Suemn said...

Ha! I bet you and Bob were laughing when you saw Cassie "resting" on stage. It's so fun to see the school children's Christmas programs.

Donna said...

How fun! We'll have to wait for our Sloane to get older to go to more programmes...
I laughed at your Cassie! How Precious! SO tiny...
Ruby is such a young lady! Adorable!
hyugs
Donna

Debby said...

Oh I used to enjoy the spontaneity of school Christmas programs! Sure they practiced but you never knew how it would end up. Cassie is a doll - I think she did quite well. At least she didn’t cry. I’ve seen that before. Ruby is so pretty. I’m glad she enjoyed her role and did it well. Cool about the Shalom song!

Catherine said...

I love Cassie’s last picture so cute!
Ruby is a very nice young lady now it goes so quickly. I had my little Maxime on Skype tonight he was pleased with the parcel granny has sent !

R's Rue said...

So cute

Happy@Home said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable! I can only imagine how cute it was in real life.

Jeanette said...

How cute and fun!

Sola Scriptura said...

So cute! It’s always so much fun to watch the children on stage!

happyone said...

How nice that you get to see your grandchildren in their programs.
The Sunday school kids will be putting on their program this Sunday. Looking forward to it.

acorn hollow said...

It is so fun to see the little ones at their concerts. It made me laugh when she got tired lol.
Cathy

Billie Jo said...

I absolutely loved this, my friend! Christmas through the eyes of children is even more magical!

Terri D said...

Thinking back to when Ruby was the size of Cassie and climbed on everything! Cassie just wanted to chill!! Adorable. Your grand girls are all lovely young ladies. Thanks for sharing the fun!

Kim said...

Christmas programs are the best. I've taught kindergarten, first, fourth grade and preschool. I have to say I was partial to the littlest ones during program time, for the way they "performed"...just like Cassie! What could be better than that? Haha!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

She's so precious.

Prims By The Water said...

How very cute that Christmas program must have been. I loved going to my kiddos programs when they were little and my grands. Janice

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwwwwww she's so darling, she could have crawled down off the stage and back to y'all's laps and I would have thought she was the most adorable one there, hahaha! Love me some Cassie ... xoxo