Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas Home Tour

 I'm joining with some of you in sharing how our home is decorated for Christmas.

We'll start with the front porch:

We have a porch pot on the porch by the steps.





By the front door I have two little trees, and this old sled which is new to me this year.  I saw it in a store this fall and thought it would be great for the porch.




This big wooden snowflake hangs in the peak of the roof on the porch.





Inside the back door is this cute little wreath.



In the dining room I have a little tree that just has white lights.  The little star banner was given to me by a blog friend quite a few years ago.




This is on the table





and this hangs from the light over the table.  It was given to me by a patient about 10 years ago.




I even have a few things in our main bathroom.  










Near the living room is this card rack.  I love getting cards from friends and loved ones. Some dear blog friends have cards hanging there too!




In the living room is our tree.  We got a skinny tree as we don't have a very big living room.



This bell was made by a patient of mine who passed away about 10 years ago. Her daughter remains a friend and gave it to me.  It's a special one.




Another special ornament; this one has my moms writing on it.




These are all Santa ornaments that Bob carved.




This is a mini nativity; I made it when I was a MOPS leader.  They are toddler friendly!



Here's another nativity, one that our daughter Laura made when she was about 16.




Here's a close up of the shepherds and sheep.  She put a lot of detail into this.  There are even chickens!






Last is this shelf in the living room that stockings are hung from. Until this year, there have been a bunch hanging; one for each family member, but it was too heavy, and they fell off last year.  So, this year there are just the 3 granddaughters.

I could show you more, but I think that's enough!  Hope you enjoyed the tour!

24 comments:

Debi said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your tour. You have beautiful decorations. I particularly liked the nativity that your daughter made... is it clay? And Bob's Santas... such talented people you have! We have a smaller tree too. We always had a real one when the kids were growing up but now I find I like not having all those needles to clean up! Thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

Oh wow, Mari! Your Christmas decor is absolutely gorgeous! I love the plaids, the sled, the little trees...just all of it! And what a precious Christmas ornament with your mom's handwriting! I know you treasure that! You have done a wonderful job of decorating this year.

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed your pictures, so elegant! Love your 3 granddaughter stockings!

Prims By The Water said...

Such a festive home. The wonderful ornaments you received are just amazing. So special to even have one your mom wrote on. I never thought to decorate my porch...hmmm maybe next year. Am sure my Bob has a sled somewhere in that garage of his. LOL Speaking of Bob's, your Bob's carved Santa's are the best I have seen. Maybe he should start a business of selling them in an Etsy shop or craft fair. Janice

roentare said...

You are ready for Xmas!

Donna said...

Everything looks so beautiful, Mari!
Love the bathroom sign! lol
hugs
Donna

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love seeing these every year. You use white about as well as anyone I know. It's so pure and peaceful. I always look forward to seeing your beloved mom's handwriting and the nativity set that Laura made. And your tree is perfect! I love skinny trees! Merry Christmas to all of you there whom I love so very much! xoxo

16 blessings'mom said...

I enjoyed the tour, love your decorating style. That nativity set your daughter made is adorable, and Bob's carved Santas are amazing. :)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I did enjoy your home tour! Everything is so lovely and filled with special memories and love. I love the nativities and those carved Santas are amazing! That is quite a talent! I love the sled on the front porch too! Everything is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Mari!
Finally joining the land of the living again. I love seeing all the beautiful decorations in your home. You have the cutest front porch ever! And I LOVE that wall in the dining room. And I always love seeing Bob's carvings. He's so talented! Christmas blessings to you all. 🌟 xo

Suemn said...

Your house is decorated so nicely for Christmas!

Sola Scriptura said...

You have such a beautiful home!

Barbara said...

Yes, I thoroughly enjoyed your home tour! You have a lovely decorating style! Thanks for sharing with us!

happyone said...

Everything looks lovely and festive. Thanks for the tour.

Connie said...

Thank you for the lovely tour . . . everything looks amazing. I know this isn't about Christmas but I am in love with the paneling in your dining room. It's gorgeous!!!
Wishing you and your family the best Christmas ever, God bless you all.
Connie :)

Dianna said...

What special memories your Christmas decor holds for you, Mari. I love it. The Christmas ornament that was made by a patient who passed about 10 years ago and the one with your mom's handwriting on it are just so special!

I also really like the large picture above that little wreath inside the back door! What a reminder of what our lives should be on a daily basis and how the choices we make definitely make a difference.

The Nativity that Laura made is precious! She did such a nice job...and Bob's Santas are amazing! He does such beautiful work!

Terri D said...

Your home looks beautiful, Mari! I love all the special pieces that have love and good memories attached. Bob's carvings are always amazing to see! Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas!!

Jeanette said...

I love all of your decorations! So simple and beautiful!

Happy@Home said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your home decorated for the holidays. Everything looks so pretty. I think the ornament with your mom's handwriting is so special and Bob's hand carved Santas are amazing!

Catherine said...

Love your Xmas decorations

Catherine said...

And Bob Santas are very nice!

Polish Sister said...

So sweet to see mom’s Polish bell on your Dutch tree

Polish Sister said...

Love Busias Polish bell on Dutch Christmas tree!