Pages

Monday, June 26, 2023

It's a beautiful morning!

 Last week on my day off, I was out of the house bright and early. I knew my day was going to be full, plus the place I wanted to go to would be great to see in the early morning.
So, at 6 am I was on the road. The sun was just rising and I had a 45 minute drive to make.


Country roads in the morning are beautiful.




I passed lots of barns and grain bins like these.




At 6:50 I got to my destination; the quiet little town of Fennville, MI.




This 4 acre field of flowers, mostly poppies was planted by the parents of Mateo Donaldson, who committed suicide after dealing with PTSD when he returned from Afghanistan.  The field of flowers was planted in 2016.  Analilia was a young lady from Fennville who died at the age of 19 after fighting cancer for several years.









The poppies were so pretty in the early morning light.  It was quiet and peaceful, not another person was around.












On my way home, I saw a sign for a park on a dead end road, so I stopped to investigate.  I found this beautiful river.



There were 2 bridges over the river.  One was for a train, and shortly after I arrived, one passed over.



This is the other bridge which stayed completely quiet.




Such a serene setting, and at 8 in the morning, no one else was around.



I did see several deer, who didn't really appreciate my presence in their area.


I was back home by 8:30.  What a great start to the day, admiring the beauty God has placed around us!

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a glorious way to memorialize someone!! And the trip was just as beautiful as your destination!

happyone said...

Being out early in the morning is the best time of day. As you know I start every day like that. :)
What beautiful photos and the field of poppies is a lovely tribute.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari! I love that poppy field. What a nice way to honor these two young people who passed too soon. Yes, I love mornings too. They are the best time of day. I rarely sleep in past seven and I am usually up by 6 a.m., 5 a.m. when I have to go to school. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures. I would love to see that field of poppys. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Susan said...

I enjoyed all your pictures today, Mari. Those flowers are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

roentare said...

The train on that bridge is so stunning in a photo. Quite exotic

Sparky said...

That is such a beautiful area. The flowers are stunning and heartwarming. All those photos made me smile. Thanks for sharing. Blessings. xx

Suemn said...

I love poppies but I didn't have success in growing them. The field of poppies is a beautiful tribute to Mateo and Analilia. You had a great start to the day:)

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Changes in the wind said...

What a special time, thanks for sharing.

Sandi said...

Oh, Lord, God bless them both. 💙

Jeanette said...

All so beautiful! There's something about the peace in the early morning sets the tone for the whole day!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

All of this was so beautiful! I wish I were more of a really early bird just for these kind of moments. Breathtaking at times - those poppies went straight to my flower loving soul. Thanks for sharing! ;)

Terri D said...

That field of flowers is so beautiful and such a peaceful place to contemplate the lives of loved ones. The river is peaceful as well.There is so much beauty around your area in Michigan, Mari. Just lovely! Thanks for always sharing it with us!! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

Girl I would just be stretching at 8:30! You sure are a go-getter. The flowers and bridges and river are so beautiful, though. I guess the early bird really does get the worm! I hope you enjoyed some peaceful time on your front porch that day. xoxo

Debi said...

The field of flowers is so beautiful. What a wonderful tribute. You certainly had a beautiful start to your day... thanks for sharing it with us.

Prims By The Water said...

I so love driving the country roads in our county of Michigan too. We have the best of both worlds here on the eastern side of Michigan. The country roads and the mighty St Clair River. We too have been dealing with the smoke and hay days from the Canadian wildfires, however it seems to smell more like plastic that from a fire. Seems odd. Janice