Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Today I have 2 recipes to share with you.  I got them both from my friend Jenny.  She served them to us when we were there and shared the recipes with me.  One is for creamed corn in the crockpot.  I made it Sunday and it was perfect to turn on in the morning, and then find it all ready when we came home from church.  It was so good!
The other recipe is for carrots.  I haven't made them myself, (So no picture) but will be soon because they were so good!
So, here you go - 2 side dish recipes from Jenny.  Did I mention they are both delicious?





Crockpot Creamed Corn

8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
1 cup whole mile
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons unsalted butter)
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
32 ounces frozen corn
black pepper, optional
Add all ingredients to crockpot in order listed.  Stir to combine.
Cook for 4 hours on low.  Cook full 4 hours for best results.


Easy Ranch Baby Carrots

16 ounce package baby carrots, patted dry
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1 envelope ranch seasoning - or:
     1 teaspoon dried parsley
     1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
     1/2 teaspoon onion powder
     1/2 teaspoon salt
     1/2 teaspoon dried dill
     1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly oil a baking sheet or spray with non stick spray.
Lay carrots in single layer on pan.  Combine ranch seasonings with olive oil. Place on carrots and toss to combine.
Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender.
Melt butter and drizzle over carrots, stir to combine.
May garnish with parsley if desired.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I want to trey the carrots!

Donna said...

Thanks Mari! I've wanted a good carrott recipe...Miss Jenny always has good recipes!
hugs
Donna

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks Mari! I will be making that carrot recipe soon. Your friend must be an excellent cook, like you are! Thanks for sharing these recipes!

Terri D said...

Now I'm hungry!! Thanks for sharing, Mari!! I love easy!! xo

Debby said...

The only creamed corn I would eat is that recipe. Both recipes look very good. I'm keeping them.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yum! Total keepers. Just reading the ingredients for both of these...how can you go wrong? 😋

happyone said...

I'd like the carrots, not so much the creamed corn.

Debi said...

These both sound delicious... thanks for sharing!

Beth Cotell said...

The carrot recipe sounds so good!!!!!

Veronica Lee said...

I love creamed corn!

Thanks for the recipe, Mari

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wasn't that a tasty meal? The cream corn we have made SO many times ... the family more or less expect/demand it at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I make it throughout the year. The carrots were a first-try for me but WOW were they not delicious? I wish I could say I made up these great easy tasty recipes but alas, I pick them all up online or from great cooks like YOU! xoxo