Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Celebrate!

 This weekend we had a long overdue celebration!  Several weeks ago Bob "retired".  He's no longer working as a manager at his store, but is still going in 2 days a week just to help on the floor.  We planned a family outing to celebrate, but several people were sick so we postponed.  Then we went on vacation, and Laura and family left when we came back. In the meantime it was Bob's birthday...  Last week was Father's Day and this time it was Bob who was sick.
So, this weekend, everyone was ok and we finally celebrated retirement, birthday and Father's Day!



Aaron smoked a pork roast, Heather made mac and cheese, I made a salad and an ice cream dessert.  We had a yummy supper! 
(Cassie has an old t-shirt of Andrew's on to keep her clean)  :)


After we ate the kids were playing and Cassie came out with this cap on.  It was my Dad's, she had it on backwards and it gave us all a smile.  My Dad would have loved to see her wearing it.



We started our bubble machine.  Here's Ruby having fun!




Alaina wanted me to take of picture of her jumping through the bubbles.





They all had fun with them!




Then it was time for Bob to open some presents.





Something we all gave him together was a ticket to ride in a B25  plane from WWII.  That'll happen in a few weeks and he is very excited!





Then we all went outside for a bit.










They all had fun!



I got the girls to sit for a few minutes so I could take a picture!



When I saw Cassie sitting by Heather, I snapped this pic.





I asked Laura and family to stand by the gate for a pic before they left.

It was a fun night and I know Bob enjoyed it too.


14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a really fun family celebration to honor Bob!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls are looking so gorgeous, and Cassie is so adorable in the cap. The bubble pics are so much fun! wWat an amazing gift the plane ride is!

roentare said...

That is the busy lives of modern family. Hope everyone recovers well

Donna said...

Looks like you all had a fun day of it! I bet Bob IS excited to be flying on the B25!! KoolBeans!
Your family is beautiful! Sweet faces!!
hugs
Donna

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well a finer man could never be celebrated for any reason. I'm so thrilled for him, that he gets to take that plane ride. I hope he has the best time ever. I saved that picture of the three girls together, to my album of Alaina-Ruby-Cassie pictures. I suggest you go online and have a canvas made of that, to hang on your wall. These precious times fly past and never come again. xoxo

Jeanette said...

Oh that does look really fun! Wonderful pictures of your family!

R's Rue said...

So sweet

Suemn said...

What a nice family celebration for Bob! I can't wait to hear what he thinks of his ride in the B25 plane:) I've got to find one of those bubble machines. They look like fun for kids.

DUTA said...

Wonderful celebration of Bob's retirement and Father's Day!
The three girls are adorable and the camera loves them and their parents.
Cassie, as usual, steals the show with or without the cap.

Barbara said...

I did not know anybody other than Lawrence Welk could own a bubble machine! How absolutely delightful! It enhanced some great snapshots! Congrats to your husband on his retirement!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh what lovely pics Mari! The ones you caught outside of family were so beautiful. Those sweet grandkiddos are adorable. Cassie is getting so blond! ;) And what a lovely way to celebrate Bob. I bet that plane ride will be amazing!! Blessings to him and to you all. 💗

Kim said...

It looks like a lovely family celebration and what a cool gift!

happyone said...

Looks like a happy and fun day making memories.
What a treat for Bob to take that plane ride!!

Terri D said...

Those girls are all so beautiful! Cassie in gr-grandpa's hat is adorable! I'm so glad y'all finally got to celebrate!! Thanks for sharing the joy with us, Mari!! Love & hugs!