Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Cooking Thursday

I recently saw this recipe and decided to try it.  It's a healthy lunch or supper recipe that can be made ahead and reheated, and is made in individual portions, which looked perfect for me for work.  If you wanted it for more than one person, you could put it all in one dish. It's very easy, just put the ingredients in the dish and bake! I'm a fan of pesto, tomato and chicken so I knew this would be a good one.


 Chicken Pesto Bake

Ingredients per bowl:2 tablespoons basmati rice (uncooked)5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast2 teaspoons pesto (I used Classico brand)1 tablespoon plain non fat Greek yogurt1/4 cup chicken brothSalt & pepper2 ounces cherry tomatoes1/4 cup mozzarella cheeseBake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until chicken & rice are cooked.

*about 350 cal per bowl

11 comments:

roentare said...

It looks very refreshing to taste

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have just printed this, and can't wait to make it. I think I will double it and put it in a larger baking pan, for the two of us.

Hootin Anni said...

I like the idea of individual servings!!!

Donna said...

Thanks Mari! This looks good and easy!
hugs
Donna

Terri D said...

Sounds and looks delicious! Thanks Mari!

Suemn said...

That looks perfect for a lunch!

Catherine said...

Easy especially for supper when my husband comes home late. Can be prepared in advance.

Billie Jo said...

You have the best recipes! Thank you for sharing this. I am going to show it to Madison too! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Veronica Lee said...

Looks delish, Mari!

My family would love this.

Have a great week ahead!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness!! You don't know how much I love this! I recently bought containers to pre-make some healthy lunches for myself. This will be perfect! Thanks for sharing. 😉