Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Here's a new recipe I tried recently.  Pasta and chicken with a cheesy, creamy sauce - it's a winner!  And, on top of that, it uses the crock pot, which is always a plus for me.  Bob and I both agreed that it was tasty and will be made again!


Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne

1 1/2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound penne pasta cooked as directed on box.

Place soup, broth, black pepper, oregano, rosemary and onion in crockpot and stir to combine.  Place chicken into sauce and cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 6 hours.
Shred chicken, then stir in sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
Stir in cooked pasta and sprinkle the other cup of cheese over top.
cover and cook on high for another 20 minutes.

12 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. That looks delicious! I think I will be giving this one a try as well. You are such a good cook!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! I will try to figure out how to make it without a crock pot! It looks so good!

Donna said...

What an easy and tasty recipe!
Thanks!
hug
Donna

Suemn said...

Why do I always read your blog before breakfast? I get so hungry looking at your delicious recipes. Ha!

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious, I'm sure. I do love pasta dishes.

Billie Jo said...

Thank you!! This looks delicious! And I love the crockpot. Knowing that dinner is all taken care of, simmering away all day, makes me happy!

Terri D said...

Sounds and looks delicious!! Thanks, Mari!

happyone said...

It sure does look good.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

This recipe looks so delicious. I'll have to try it for Valentine's Day. Hope you are well and having a great New Year!

Kim said...

Yummmm! That looks like pure comfort food. 😍

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my - this hits all the love languages! Very keto if we make it with Matt's healthy noodles too! 😋 Thanks for the recipe ;)

Sally said...

Now that's a dish I would love. And, now with more of us living here I've been using the crock pot more. I'm going to save this, Mari! Thank you.

xoxo