Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 We had a potluck dinner at church this past Sunday.  I find those potlucks hard to make something for because it really needs to be a crockpot meal and I don't want to bring the same thing all the time.

I found this recipe for Party sausages and knew it would be perfect.  It doesn't take long, Bob loves sausages and it's something different than meatballs and baked beans.   And - it was good!



Party Sausages

2 pounds smoked sausage
1  8 ounce bottle Catalina Salad Dressing
1  8 ounce bottle Russian Salad Dressing
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
sliced green onions, optional


Slice sausages diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place in skillet over low heat until lightly browned.  Place into 4 quart slow cooker. Discard drippings.
Add dressings, brown sugar and juice to skillet.  Stir together and heat until sugar dissolves.
Pour over sausages in slow cooker.  Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
May garnish with green onions.

16 comments:

Pam said...

Those sausages look yummy. BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. As I mentioned, my husband worked in celery fields but around the Muskegon area. Not too far from you but far enough that he wouldn't have been able to ride a bike to the celery fields! That was his mode of transportation back then.

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Terra said...

That sausage recipe looks delicious. Can you believe I do not have a crock pot or slow cooker? It's true, so I adapt recipes.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks delicious. Will give this one a try!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so colorful and good! I always love it when you post recipes!

Sparky said...

My favorite sausage is kielbasa. I never turn that down. Yum!
Blessings. xx

Beth Cotell said...

Looks good. I'll have to remember this as an alternative to meatballs!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Pretty colors!

Not the usual comment on food, but....

💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜

Suemn said...

Those salad dressings make this sausage sound really good. I'm going to try this soon and I like the idea from Hootin' Anni to try serving it over white rice. Otherwise I may try serving it with beans.

Jeanette said...

Looks delicious and a great idea for a potluck!

Debby said...

My friend used to have a similar recipe with the salad dressings and she used it for chicken. It was really good.

Terri D said...

This looks and sounds delicious!! I'm hosting my church small group every 6 weeks or so and this might be really good for our dinner meat with some sides. Thanks!! xo

Catherine said...

Sounds good! Tonight I am cooking barbecue

Doris said...

Perfect...easy and looks so tasty!

Debi said...

This looks so good! Several of our family favorites came from "Blue Hair" dinners that were held once a month in the town my sister and cousin lived in. Pretzel Salad is one that my son still requests as his birthday cake every year... he's 42! Cinnamon rolls, sweet and sour meatballs, Frog Eye salad and the Blue Hair dinner was the first place I ever had pasta salad! Potluck is my favorite kind of dinner! Have a great weekend!

Donna said...

Thanks for the recipe, Mari...I've noticed that some potlucks here end up being all sweets or all savorys!Lolol
No matter...
Enjoy your weekend and I LOVE the owl!
hughugs
Donna

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word! Sounds divine. Just right for a church potluck, haahaa! Copied! xoxo