Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I tried a new chicken recipe last week and it was very good!   It goes together quickly in a skillet, and the sauce is oh, so good!  You were supposed to have scallions for a garnish, but I had none in the house.  It would have added nice color, but it still tasted scrumptious!
I will definitely be making this again.



Asian Caramel Chicken

5 boneless chicken thighs.  (You can do them whole or cut into cubes)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Cooked rice

In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.  Season chicken with salt and cook until golden brown and cooked through.  Remove chicken to plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium heat, add broth and scrape pan to get any browned bits into broth.  Stir in minced garlic and brown sugar.  Cook until mixture turns a deep amber, about 4 minutes.  Stir in vinegar and soy sauce.  
Bring to boil, whisking occasionally.  Allow to simmer, until mixture thickens.
Stir chicken back into glaze and heat through.
Serve over rice, garnish with scallions.


17 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm always thinking of ways to do it keto for Matt too. So could do the keto brown sugar and serve it either on cauliflower rice (they have a garlic lemon one in the frozen section that's yummy!) Or do it in lettuce wraps and serve with asian cucumbers Matt always makes. Definitely a keeper and I already printed it up. Thanks Mari! 😋

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. That does look good. I am putting that on my Sunday dinner "to cook" menu. Thanks!

Kim said...

Mmm...that looks good and easy enough for me to make!

Ginny Hartzler said...

So yummy looking and easy. I am making this, this week! I already have all the ingredients, can't wait!

Hootin Anni said...

This sounds exactly like SARKU's teriyaki chicken!!! And I love it.

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

This looks DELICIOUS!
I just posted a recipe too, from an old magazine I bought in the States in 98. I'm sorting through all the recipes, cook books and magazines I have in the kitchen, so I have my work cut out for me!
:)

Suemn said...

Gosh, that sure looks good!

Jeanette said...

Looks delicious! My husband loves Chinese food and he would love this!

DUTA said...

I'm echoing all the other commenters: it looks good!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yummmmmm!!!

And as *promised*! No chocolate! LOL

🌸🌷🌹🌸

Catherine said...

I love this dish!

Debby said...

That's a keeper. Looks great, with or without the scallions.

Terri D said...

This sounds (and looks) delicious! Thanks, Mari!! xo

R's Rue said...

Yummy.

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh that looks good! I will have to try it for these guys...I made a battered chicken the other day, with a flour/cornstarch batter...tasted just like the Chinese restaurant...takes so long to stand there and fry up the five pounds of it, these guys just are bottomless pits when it comes to yummy stuff like that!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Looks great. Nice to have new food ideas

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I copied that one! Sounds scrumptious. I am a sucker for Asian dishes! And just say caramel and I'm in. xoxo