Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Winter River

 I had to work part of a night shift Friday night. When I got out of work Saturday morning it was just getting light and I decided to take a drive to the frozen Grand River and see how it was looking.


The sky was starting to get pink and I enjoyed this snowy scene on the way.



Here's a view from the bridge over the river.  It started snowing for just a little little while as I was driving.  You can see there is quite a bit of ice out there.




I drove to a little park on the river that is near my house. What looks like a field of snow is actually the frozen Grand River.



Here I am under the bridge. I found that I wasn't really prepared for this hike as nothing was shoveled and I was walking out there in scrubs and tennis shoes!  The snow was up over my ankles, so I was glad it was a short walk.  Once I was there, I wasn't going to skip getting some pictures!



Another shot of the main bridge.




The area near us has a bayou that runs next to the river.  It freezes solid and the ice fishermen love it.  I was able to walk out on it to get this picture of a few fishermen.  Unlike them, I didn't stay long!  It was 11 degrees at the time.




As I was leaving, this was the scene facing the other direction, of the bridge over the bayou.  Such a pretty sunrise!


13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So interesting! Beautiful sunrise in the last photo. Hope you have a great week. :-)

Arlene G said...

Oh my....now I am cold again!! It was a lovely day here...in the low 60s. So nice after last week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last photo is my favorite is gorgeous! And to me, it represents hope. You have really gone above and beyond to show us these beautiful icy visions on the way home after working all night!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...too extremes for me. Lots of snow & frigid temps. The bridge view from underneath looks ominous ...but the beauty of the last photo is inspiring!

Changes in the wind said...

Would never dream that was a river with all that snow on top of it. How brave you were to tramp out in that snow just to get some pictures. You continue to amaze me, the last thing I think I would be wanting to do after working a extra night shift is a little sight seeing:)

Jean said...

Girl!!!! You are crazy! But thank you for your sacrifice in tennis shoes in 11 degree weather to get us these truly amazing photos!!

Sparky said...

Oh. My. Those are good photos. It's pretty, but I'm glad to be in shorts and flip flops right now. I'm so spoiled. *lol* Please be careful. Blessings. xx

Terri D said...

I glanced at some of the comments and just echo Jean's comment exactly! I can't even imagine being out in cold weather like that anymore. The sunrise is gorgeous! Hope you got warmed up quickly after that hike through the snow in tennis shoes! xo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Awesome pictures Mari. You were a brave soul to be out there in scrubs and tennis shoes!

Debi said...

Such pretty photos... thanks for sharing them!

Jeanette said...

Lots of beautiful pictures!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Beautiful shots, but I can't believe you were only wearing scrubs and tennis shoes. You must have been freezing.
Oh the things we do, just to get that perfect shot, hahaha.

Jenny the Pirate said...

See, I would have headed straight home for bed, with maybe a stop at a donut place on the way. Haaahahaha xo