Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 The recipe I have for you today is one from The Pioneer Woman. It's called Crash Hot Potatoes and I had read several times that these were so good, but never got around to making them.  Last week I brought a meal to someone so needed something that would transport ok and thought of these.
They are quite easy to make, and were very good!

Crash Hot Potatoes

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.             
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until fork-tender, about 12 minutes.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Using a potato masher, gently press down to mash each one. The tops of the potatoes should be really textured. Drizzle the tops of the potatoes with the olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. 
Variations: Place 1/4 pat of butter on top of each smashed potato before baking. Top each smashed potato with grated Cheddar before baking.

17 comments:

Jean said...

Yummm! It looks like there is something green sprinkled on them too. Chives, maybe?

Mari said...

I sprinkled a little fresh rosemary on them. Yum!

Arlene G said...

looks perfect!!

Connie said...

Hi Mari, I am a potato lover and those look delicious.
Wish I was there!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have been meaning to make this, so I just printed it. Thanks!!

Kim said...

Perfect, I just pinned! Thanks!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

We have some form of potato at our evening meal so I may need to add this one.

Sylvia said...

Ooooh, they look nice. We like twice cheese baked potatoes, but these look much easier!!

Sylvia said...

Martin said to say thank you, without even having cooked them yet. Baked potatoes with cheese are one of his favourites!!!

Terri D said...

Delicious and easy to do! I only buy the gold potatoes now. They are so good, no matter how you cook them.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh wow! This reminds me of melting potatoes (a real winner) but not quite as intense. Absolutely going to try this tonight. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Henny Penny said...

I am trying this one! Looks delicious!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I made them tonight ... the shredded cheese version ... mercy! Just wonderful, and so easy! TG was wild about them! I even sent a picture to the girls who were drooling on their phones, haahaaha xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

I've been making these from her site for years! They are so yummy!

Jeanette said...

I've made those several times. They are so good and always a hit!!

Joyful said...

So good. I made a variation of these last week with red potatoes.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I think I made these a long time ago and forgot how good they are. Thanks for the reminder! 😉