Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 The recipe I have for you today came from my friend Jenny of I'm Having a Thought Here. She told me I had to try these pork chops.  In her words "these are heaven on a plate!"  She's never steered me wrong before, so I knew I had to try them.  And - it's a crock pot recipe, so that was an added bonus!

Oh my - she was right!  The flavor was so good and the gravy is amazing.  So here's the recipe for you.


Crock Pot Pork Chops and Gravy

4 bone-in pork chops
1 (1 oz) packet onion soup mix
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth, low sodium
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
1 (1 oz) packet dry pork gravy mix
1 tsp garlic powder

To thicken gravy
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp cold water

In a 5-6 quart oval slow cooker, combine onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pork gravy mix. Whisk together until combined.
Season both sides of the chops with a little bit of garlic powder. Place pork chops into the slow cooker. Do your best to spread them out and cover with the gravy mixture.
Cover and cook on low about 6-7 hours.
Just before the pork chops are done - whisk together the corn starch and cold water in a small bowl. Once it is smooth, pour it in with your pork chops in the slow cooker and stir gently.
Cover and switch the slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes (until gravy has thickened.)
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, a salad, steamed broccoli or mixed vegetables.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks so delicious and tender!!

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Mari, oh these sound delicious and I bet they smell wonderful cooking in the crock pot. Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a blessed day.

Changes in the wind said...

Sounds good, thanks for sharing.

Arlene G said...

I do something similar with cubed steak. So easy and so good.

Jean said...

This sounds really delicious. I will definitely be making these. Just gotta get me some pork chops.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Now I want to make them again. This is seriously one of the best crock pot recipes I've ever tried. xoxo

Henny Penny said...

That sounds so good. I've been meaning to look up more recipes for the crock pot. Sure is nice to to know most of the meal is ready when it comes time to fix supper. Thank you!

Debi said...

Yum... these look really tasty!

Terri D said...

Sounds really good!

Suemn said...

I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it as I am always looking for something new to cook.

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh... this was so easy to make and was delicious.