Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Brrrr!

 We have been blessed with an unusual winter so far.  Not much snow, no big storms, not too cold!

However - that has changed! Thursday it started snowing and has continued with just a few breaks.  It's also so cold!  Our high temp in the last few days has been 17, low temp on Sat night is expected to be 6 degrees and wind chill has been below 0.

Here's a few pics of what things are looking like in West Michigan.   
These were taken coming home from work on Thursday.  (back roads with no other cars around)









This was at work on Friday.  There is a road out there!




There was a short break in the snowfall when I came home from work on Friday.  I'm standing on my road.




This is a little further down my road.




A tree in our backyard on Saturday. 


This is our side yard on Saturday.  What looks like bushes on the mid left of this photo are actually tall arborvitaes which got so loaded with snow that they are laying down.  That's the top of them on the left side of the photo.




There's a lot of this going on!  When we were out Saturday we say several cars in the ditch and had one spin around right behind us and head toward the ditch as well.  We were glad to be safely home!


One more shot from our yard.  This is the drive to Bob's wood shop on Saturday.
I'm typing this on Saturday night.  We're supposed to get another 2-4 inches tonight, then Lake Effect snow all next week with the cold temps continuing. 
I'll be glad for it to be done, but there is something you hear people around here say frequently when talking about winter.  "You can't complain.  This is winter in Michigan after all!"


16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, I hear that Michagan gets some really bad weather. This is beautiful, though what happened to the snow plows? I guess the snow piled up faster than they could plow.

Arlene G said...

Sorry those Southern drivers are up there causing issues Mari.lol We are supposed to have some warm temps this week then cold next week again. Usually spring arrives around the first of March...fingers crossed.

Susan said...

The pictures are so pretty! We were headed to the mountains on Friday but it did not work out. I wrote about it at my blog. We were in the 70's all week so I was outside a lot reading my Bible. Cooler weather will be here but only in the 60's. We don't really no cold weather. Have a great week Mari!

Hootin Anni said...

That pine tree is absolutely gorgeous (and I like the drive to his wood shop). Winter is magical ... from the indoors looking out.

Sparky said...

Those are some great snaps, but, dadgum, I couldn't live in that! You're tougher than me. I'm originally a Central Florida flatlander girl. The toughest weather I've been through are hurricanes and they look like a cake walk compared to all that snow. Hope you can stay safe and warm. xx

Doris said...

Getting it all at once and then all done. Wishful thinking ☺ It is pretty! We had a little snow yesterday and more in the forecast all week.
Take care and stay warm and safe!

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my that is surely cold and all that snow!!!

Joyful said...

Brrr that is quite the storm. We are expecting cold weather here as of Wednesday for a few days but it will be nothing like your weather where I live. We haven't gotten any snow this year and perhaps won't though some years we do get it for anywhere from a day to a few months.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh Mari! I literally got a chill while looking at your pictures and reading about how cold it is. It's just awful. I hope it lets up soon but experience tells me you've got more in store. Ugh! Sending warm thoughts your way. xoxo

Terri D said...

I am shivering just looking at those photos, Mari! Oh my! I grew up with winters like that, in Ohio, but have been here in the sunny and warm south for over 30 years now. I can't imagine trying to drive in that again. Bless you!

Debi said...

Wow!! We got a little less than a foot last week but at least it didn't come all at once. We were able clear out in between storms. The photos are pretty though... Stay safe!

Jean said...

Boy, you are getting pounded!! I have never seen arborvitae getting pulled over by heavy snow like that!!

The pictures are pretty, but I've seen about enough of that kind of pretty for this year, haha!

Jeanette said...

We have been getting snow but not as much as you being so close to Lake Michigan. I guess we now are going to pay for our easy winter so far! I just hope we don't get dumped on too bad in March!

Judy said...

Snowfalls are beautiful but I just just dislike driving in it. You have some beautiful photos here, I hope the vehicle was able to get out ok.

Kim said...

Wow, those photos are stunning.

Henny Penny said...

Oh my goodness! Now that does look like a blizzard! It's beautiful though.