Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is for sliders.  We like sliders, but I've never seen a recipe for tuna sliders before, so I was intrigued and had to try them.  Bob and I both liked them and if you like tuna sandwiches or tuna melts, I think you would too.


 Tuna Melt Sliders
1 package Kings Hawaiian Buns
2 (5 ounce each) cans tuna, drained
1/2 cup (119.5 g) mayonnaise
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese (if your slices are large, you can use less)
4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon poppy seed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Split rolls in half, place bottom half in a 9x13 pan.
Spread the tuna mix over the rolls, then place cheese over tuna.
Place the top half of the rolls over the tuna.
Stir poppy seeds and butter together and spread over the rolls.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 5 
minutes.
Serve immediately.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am making these!

Hootin Anni said...

I like tuna salad sandwiches, but I don't care for the sweet taste of those Hawaiian rolls...maybe,dinner rolls wood work?

Suemn said...

Thanks for the tuna recipe. The sliders sound delicious and I plan to make them soon. I already have all that is needed except for the sharp cheddar cheese.

Arlene G said...

We may all be eating a lot more tuna if beef continues to go up in price.:)

Kim said...

I love sliders...there's something about tiny food that just tastes so good!

Terri D said...

I LOVE tuna. Unfortunately, Joe doesn't even like the smell of tuna (and probably hasn't tasted it because he can't get past the smell). They sound yummy to me, though! Thanks for the recipe!!

Mari, I have been looking for a chicken recipe and have not been successful. My mom used to have ground chicken for sandwiches. The chicken was cooked and then ground up (not shredded) and was warmed in chicken broth. You just scoop out some on a bun (like a sloppy joe). They were so good. Neither of my sisters has found a recipe and all I can find online are shredded with cream of chicken soup. My friend, Elaine, remembers the church women making them for the church booth at the Sweet Corn Festival but none of us can come up with the recipe. So... just putting it out there to see if anyone else has knowledge of what I am remembering. ???

Sparky said...

Bet they were scrumptious too. So nice on a cold winters day.
Blessings. xx

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look good! Thanks for yet another idea!

Jeanette said...

Looks so good and so easy!

Doris said...

This looks so good! I love tuna and make a tuna salad sometimes to put on my salad...gotta figure out different things to make a salad appealing. I get so tired of eating a salad everyday!!!

Judy said...

Those look so good, I bet it would also taste good with canned chicken. Yum!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow these look delicious! Hot tuna is so yummers! xoxo

Suemn said...

I have to tell you that I made these last Friday and they are so good. Thank you for the recipe!