Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 I was looking for a recipe to use leftover ham with and came across this one.  We like breakfast for supper, so this sounded good for us.  And it was!  It was easy to put together and very tasty!  Bob said I could make this again anytime.


Crescent Breakfast Squares

Ingredients:

Cooking spray

12 large eggs
1/4 c. milk
3 tbsp. butter, divided

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

cans crescent dough
1/2 lb. deli ham, diced
1/4 c. finely chopped green pepper
12 slices cheddar
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. dried garlic

Flaky sea salt


In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to low and add egg mixture. Cook, stirring often with a spatula, until eggs are just set. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.

Unroll one can of crescents onto greased baking sheet and pinch seams together so it's a solid layer of pastry without gaps. Add a layer of ham then top with scrambled eggs, green peppers, and cheese. Unroll second crescent dough and place on top of cheese. Pinch together crescent sheets to seal.

Melt remaining butter in microwave. Brush melted butter on top of crescent dough then sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced onion, and dried garlic. Season with flaky sea salt.

Bake until crescent dough is golden and cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. (If the crescent dough is browning too quickly, cover with foil.)

Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into squares.


18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

This sounds really good. I will be trying it! Thanks again for all the recipe ideas!

Joyful said...

It looks very tasty and filling.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I already have all the ingredients! It looks good and I will make it!

Susan said...

This sounds really good! My husband can't eat pork, so I think I would try this with crumbled turkey bacon or even ground beef or chicken. I think I would add diced zucchini or spinach too! Thanks for the idea!

Hootin Anni said...

I had to swallow hard on this one...looks so good. I like breakfast meals for dinner too.

Suemn said...

I'm going to try this recipe too but I need to get some of the ingredients first.

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! This sounds like a winner!

Terri D said...

Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I will have a houseful next week and may have to try this.

Catherine said...

Looks very good. I feel hungry looking at it!

Jeanette said...

That does look good!

Debi said...

This looks really good! My grandson loves to have breakfast for dinner... he calls it "brinner". It's the meal he requests for his birthday dinner!

Connie said...

This sounds delicious. I had a hash brown egg casserole at Cracker Barrel topped with onions, pepper and
Tomato, lots of cheese. It was great! You will have to try it sometime.

Jean said...

That looks so yummy! But crescent dough is pretty much a thing of the past for us, unfortunately.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ohh they look good!

Barbara said...

I can see why your husband said you could make this recipe any time. I'd be a-knocking at your door, plate-in-hand, if I lived in your area!

Laurel Wood said...

I love breakfast at night, too, especially in cold weather. Sounds delicious.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OOOoohh this sounds right up my alley! 😋

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sounds like a breakfast version of the new recipe I tried with Hawaiian rolls and ham and swiss, and the special sauce on top! Delicious! xoxo