Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Random sightings...

I have a few random things I thought I would share with you today.

First, the deer have been showing up around here.  The other day I had 3 of them run in front of me on my way to work.  I barely missed them after slamming on the brakes.  I love seeing deer, but not in front of my car!

Here's a few I enjoyed the other day.  They stayed out in the field and looked at me.  See the antlers on the one?
Excuse the poor photo - it was still a bit dark.


Some new things are blooming in our yard.
Coneflowers



Black Eyed Susans



Thistle flower



Rose of Sharon


Some of my favorites!  These are chives.  They start with little green/white pods that slowly turn into this purple color.  They are just fun and always make me think of something from a Seuss book.



The girls were playing outside when I was taking flower pictures, and even though they get wick of me with my camera, they agreed to let me take a few of them, without the silly faces they usually make!
Alaina

Ruby





And the two together.

14 comments:

Debi said...

Your grandgirls are so sweet.I love your flower photos. Be careful of those deer when you are driving.

Sylvia said...

Those DEAR girls. What sweeties. And the stunning flowers. Loved all the pictures.

Sparky said...

Such lovely photos. God's wonder is all around us.
We saw a deer yesterday on the way to Church. I was on my motorbike and it jumped right out in front of me and ran across the road! Yowza! *lol* We missed each other, but critters on the road can be deadly to anyone on two wheels. Still love to see them, though.
Have a fun-filled week y'all!

Linda said...

The photos of girls and the deer are my favorite, Mari. Thank you...have a beautiful day my friend.

Changes in the wind said...

I am with you, love seeing deer but not in front of the car! Love that rose of Sharon flower, beautiful and the girls are precious.

thismammablogs.x said...

Beautiful photos , your grandchildren are so precious, I dont think I would enjoy seeing a deer in front of my car either x

Jenny the Pirate said...

Precious pictures of both girls and flowers! You know how I feel about coneflowers. My TG loves Rose of Sharon. His parents had them lining the driveway in Ohio. xoxo

Terri D said...

Your flower photos are gorgeous. I just love black-eyed susans. Those two girls are both so pretty and I can't believe how fast they seem to be growing up. Thanks for sharing your random sightings with us!!

The Liberty Belle said...

Precious children and flowers. True treasures. Blessings to you and yours.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such GORGEOUS photos Mari! But those Girlies!! Be still my heart. Such little beauties. I think you should take those 2 individual pics and have them put on shutterfly canvas to hang and keep forever. Precious treasure. 😍

Judy said...

Your granddaughters are precious. I don’t like seeing deer so close to the side of the road, I don’t trust them. The other day we had a loose calf jump out in front of us,I’m not sure which is worse.

Jean said...

Gorgeous pictures!! That last one is the best!

LL Cool Joe said...

Your Granddaughters are both beautiful and growing up so fast!

Deer are beautiful but not ideal when the walk out in front of your car!

Dianna said...

It is hard to believe how quickly these beautiful little girls are growing up! I remember when Ruby was born!

That Rose of Sharon is beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it. Mine is a dark pink.