Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Day in my Life - it's August!

Here's another account of a day in my life.  There are lots of photos, because it was a fun and busy day!

It was Saturday and I wasn't working or on call!  So, I slept in!  I got up around 8, had a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast and some quiet time before I got going,  Then I knew I had a lot coming up so I got going.


I started off dying some coffee filters.  They had to get done and dry for a later project.



I made brownies, and also got some Sloppy Joes made for Sunday.



I started the laundry; had a few loads to do.



I vacuumed, swept, dusted and got the house looking good.



Then I had to go to the store.  They are doing construction in several places around us.  It means that we need to take gravel roads to get almost anywhere.  Our cars look a mess!

But, other than the dirty cars, I do like back roads.  The corn is doing so well this year!



At the store - I needed several things.



More back roads going home.  These are soy beans.  I love the open spaces that aren't filled with developments and businesses.



You might see tractors,



Wild flowers,,,



And even horses!



I got back home around 1pm and there were people waiting for me.  Andrew and Heather had taken Alaina and Ruby to the zoo.  Then they brought them to our house to spend the night.

We had to go outside and play for a little while.  Alaina loves to hang off this bar.  I can't believe she can do this without holding on using her hands.



Typical Ruby - not content to just play on the swings, she had to climb up on the top bars of the fort.



This is what we did with those coffee filters, we made flowers!  I'll show you how tomorrow.



We took another walk outside and checked out the flowers.  I love this one - it's a chive.  It looks like something from Dr Seuss.



Here's another fun one.  It's a thistle.  See the bee?



Grandpa came home and we had pizza for supper.



They hauled out Andy's old Legos and had a great time building things.  How do you like Alaina's building position here?




Here she is showing me how flexible she is...    :)



Then we went out for ice cream.  It was the first time doing this all summer!




Alaina got hers in a bowl.



Ruby wanted a cone.



After that they walked out with Bob to get something from his shop and wandered in the back yard a bit.



Then came running to the house together.



They played a game with Grandpa on his computer and before we knew it, it was bed time.

It was a fun, first day of the month.

15 comments:

Arlene G said...

So glad yoo had a day off ...those flowers are gorgeous. And the girls just seem to get bigger each time we see them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love these posts where you show a day in your life. Looks like such a fun weekend with those sweet granddaughters. Hope you have a good week. :-)

Joyful said...

You certainly had a busy and productive start to the month. I enjoyed all your photos and hearing about your day. The coffee filter flowers look amazing.

R's Rue said...

I love brownies.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You deserved that day off and I know it was a fun day with the girls. I always love seeing what they are up to at your house.

Phoebes World said...

What a busy day..and great pics Mari... especially the flower ones...You know me and a bit if Flora! Even the coffee filter ones look amazing
Have a great week!
Phoebe x

Linda said...

Awesome photos, Mari. I keep saying this, but the girls...I just can't believe how much they are growing, smiles.

Changes in the wind said...

Your day off was very busy. Love all the pictures and the ones of the fields. The girls as getting taller. I remember when the little one was afraid to stay over night lol. The flowers are really pretty.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I guess we'll just refer to Alaina as Gumby from now on. Mercy! And Ruby, a climber since the womb. Love the thistle and chive photos, and your beloved country roads. Just about the only time I ever see anything like that is on your blog. Can't wait to see how you made the paper flowers! They're fabulous! xoxo

thismammablogs.x said...

Those brownies like amazing it looks such a fun happy weekend. Ice cream is a must in this weather x

Jan said...

It's not just a day in your life, it's a wonderful, fabulous, amazing day in your life. I love it when my grandson spends the night. The others are too young. I can't wait to have them all at once!

Love your flower photos!

Terri D said...

What FUN!! Those girls are so blessed to have you two as their grandparents! I can't wait to see how you made the coffee filter flowers! I miss corn and soybean fields! That's how I grew up. Ohio country isn't that different from Michigan country!

Debi said...

Your granddaughters are so adorable! I can't wait to see how you made the coffee filter flowers so I can make them with my granddaughter. I suppose I could look them up on Pinterest but I'd much rather learn from you! I loved following you along as you did chores and ran errands. Have a great week!

Hootin Anni said...

Busy from 8 in the morning to bed time
I think the highlight is the ice cream (I, of course, would want both cone & bowl-ful) Girls are so cute & energetic (double jointed?)

Jean said...

These pictures are so wonderful, Mari!! I read this blog post when I first got up yesterday and could not believe all you got done between 8 AM and 1 PM! You are definitely younger than I am!