Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Change is coming...

 I can't believe we are almost into September.  It always makes me a little sad.  I love the change of seasons we have here, I think it makes me appreciate each one a little more.  But, I like warm weather and flowers the best!  And when Fall starts peaking in, I know the cold isn't far behind.

I'm seeing some changes happening in our yard too.  Here's what things are looking like.





This is what is left of most of our cone flowers, still kind of cool looking!




The black eyed Susan's are fading...



The Sedum are just starting to turn pink.



The bees are loving them!



The thistles are also fading.



And in the front yard - look at this!  Acorns are starting to fall and there are even a few leaves.




But this is the most exciting change going on.  For several years we've tried to have some work done here, but it's so hard to find contractors.  Finally this week, we are seeing some progress. Earlier in the summer, Bob tore out all the landscaping up from to make room for a porch to be added to our house.  It's something we've wanted for some time and are thrilled to see some steps happen to get it done.  The old little porch has been torn off, dirt has been delivered and concrete is coming.  After it sets up, the other work begins. Hopefully, it will be done in time for us to be able to sit out there before the snow falls!


17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

How exciting! I hope you can post before and after photos. Will it be closed in in any way? Your Sedum is beautiful. And what is the awesome first blue flower?

Susan said...

How exciting to be getting a porch! We won't see fall get here until mid to the end of October. It will be 106 next Saturday and that is not normal, but the 90's are. Our summer is way to long!

Terri D said...

Lovely photos of your plants and flowers (as always) but I am so excited for you to be getting your front porch!! I hope you will keep us posted as the work progresses!

Arlene G said...

Porches are the best thing ever!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

How exciting! I hope you will be able to post before and after pictures. I really miss having a porch. Will yours be screened, or closed in any way? the Sedum is beautiful.

R's Rue said...

Your photos bring beauty and peace. Thank you.

Linda said...

How exciting. Your photos are really lovely, Mari. Yes, indeed, change is coming and I for one, am glad, smiles.

Changes in the wind said...

You have a hard winter so yes I would be sorry to see the summer end too. How exciting to get a porch, can't wait to see how it turns out.

thismammablogs.x said...

Love photos exciting news about the porch x

Sparky said...

I love Fall, but that's because I live in SouthEast Georgia where it's terribly hot and humid this time of year. Beautiful photos. xx

Jean said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you to be getting a porch! You know how much I love mine!!

Mari said...

The blue flower is a blue mist spirea. And the porch is going to be open.

Dianna said...

My Sedum is beginning to turn also...but the Burning Bush hasn't yet shown even a hint of color. I know you must be very excited to see that Bobcat in the front of your house! I'm so happy for you.

Joyful said...

I love the Fall. I too get a bit sad when the weather changes from summer to Fall because I love to see colourful growth in the garden. Enjoy your week Mari.

Joyful said...

p.s. It is exciting to get a porch built and I hope you can sit out there before the snow flies.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love the idea of the porch! I bet you will love it for many years to come! I hate to see summer go too - even if Fall is my fave. I look forward to seeing the progress ahead. And love seeing all of your beautiful flowers.

Jenny the Pirate said...

A FRONT PORCH!!!! One day you'll be looking out the window and the Raven will be driving up your drive. The Pirate will be riding shotgun because I make TG do the heavy lifting. Seriously THAT will be the most wonderful addition to your already lovely home. I think sittin' porches are magical. Imagine the fun you'll have decorating it! As always I love cone flowers in all their phases. The thistle always brings a tear to my eye. xoxo