Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Cooking Thursday

I was looking for a recipe for chicken that I could put in the crockpot and have ready for dinner when we came home from church.  I found this one with a sweet and spicy sauce and we really liked it.  I got it ready Saturday afternoon and put it in the frig, then Sunday morning I turned it on, and it was perfect when we came home.  I had some fresh beans from the garden with this and it made a very nice meal!

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs

  • 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed of extra fat
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • ¼ cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 green onions thinly sliced
  • sesame seeds

  • Season chicken thighs with salt and black pepper to taste.
  • Heat olive oil over medium-high in a 12" skillet. Cook 3-5 minutes until browned on each side.
  • In a medium sized mixing bowl add ketchup, soy sauce, honey, dark brown sugar, ginger, sriracha and garlic. Whisk to combine.
  • Add chicken thighs to a 6 quart slow cooker. Pour sauce over the chicken thighs.
  • Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has slightly thickened.
  • When fully cooked sprinkle the top of the chicken with green onions and sesame seeds.
  • 13 comments:

    Terri D said...

    This really sounds good, Mari! Thanks for the recipe! I pinned it!

    Ginny Hartzler said...

    Yum! Wish I still had my crock pot now!

    R's Rue said...

    Making this recipe ASAP. Thank you so much.

    Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

    looks and sounds yummy! I love anything I can put in crockpot and have ready when I need it.

    Beth Cotell said...

    Yum! Those look so good. I love sweet and spicy together!

    Linda said...

    Wow, another great recipe, thanks Mari. smiles

    Arlene G said...

    Looks good!!

    mxtodis123 said...

    Oh this does look delicious. Thank you for sharing it.

    thismammablogs.x said...

    This looks delicious i love chicken meals x

    Debi said...

    Hmmmm... this sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Sally said...

    Looks so good, Mari! I haven't cooked in a while so will be saving this recipe. Not that mine could ever be as good as yours, though. :)

    xoxo

    Barbara said...

    This recipe looks wonderful, Mari! Thanks for sharing. I'll add it to my menu plans!

    Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

    I like being able to make things ahead too... what a great recipe that you could make ahead. I just love saucy chicken thighs... and how lovely to enjoy the beans from your garden with it! YUM! Thanks for the recipe :)