Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cooking Thursday

I tried another new recipe this week that was a good one!  This one is for the instant pot.  It's all done in that one pot so there isn't much clean up and it went together quite quickly.
And it was so good!  Bob is not a fan of spinach but he really liked this too.  If you have an instant pot, try it out!


Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
2 tbsp Olive Oil (+ 2 tbsp)
2-3 Boneless Chicken Thighs or breasts
1/2 cup Onion
2 tsp Garlic (chopped)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
3 ounces Sun Dried Tomatoes (chopped)
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
2 cups Chicken Broth
8 ounces Penne Pasta
1 cup Fresh Cream
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded, plus extra for garnish)
3 cups Spinach (chopped)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Press saute mode of Instant pot.
Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
Once the oil is hot, add chicken and cook them for 5 minutes on each side.
Remove the chicken from the pot and cut them into thin slices.
Add another 2 tbsp olive oil in the pot.
Add onion and garlic and sauce for 3-4 minutes.
Add red bell pepper, sundried tomatoes, oregano, rosemary and chicken.
Add pasta and chicken broth and mix well.
Cover the lid of the pot.
Press cancel and again press pressure cook.
Set the timer to 5 minutes.
Instant Pot will take some time to build the pressure.
Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes.
Then release the remaining pressure manually and open the lid of the pot.
Add fresh cream, parmesan cheese, spinach, salt and pepper and mix well.
Press saute and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot.

11 comments:

Joyful said...

This looks good Mari. I love the instant pot because the pressure cooking really brings out all the flavour in foods.

Laurel Wood said...

This sounds very flavorful. I bet it makes the house fragrant, too. Have a nice day.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I dont have an instant pot :( Sounds good tho!

Terri D said...

Does the pasta cook in the IP? Wow. I have only done a roast in my IP. I really need to explore more! Thanks, Mari!

Linda said...

Oh how yummy does that look, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

Sparky said...

Don't have an Instant Pot but we do have a Slow Cooker. I'm told they work about the same? I guess. The recipe sounds great. I would substitute the pasta for Palmini, because we don't eat carbo's or sugar anymore. Tastes about the same.
Blessings.

Arlene G said...

Another winner!!

Barbara said...

Mari, I am visiting you today from Terri D of Your Friend From Florida. She recommended your blog post because it's a recipe using the Instant Pot. It looks wonderful!!!! Anything with Parmesan cheese gets my attention!

I have been enjoying my new Instant Pot for not quite 2 months now. It is so fun to use. Today I made a vegetable broth with my veggie scraps (accumulated over the past week). It made 6 cups, which I froze in a couple of containers.

Keep up with the inspiring blog recipes!

thismammablogs.x said...

This looks so delicious and homely , I've never used an instant pot before something I'm definitely going to try x

Annie said...

I'm always looking for new Instant Pot recipes. This looks so good! I am going to add it to my list!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yes please - yum!!