Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Happy Birthday Cheri!

My sister Cheri turned 50 on Friday.  Bob says that make me old - my baby sister is 50.  (I'm the oldest in the family, she's the youngest.  I'm 8 years older than her.)
Anyway, her sweet daughter, who is only 17 wanted to throw her a surprise party, so she planned this whole thing.  Mark took Cheri out for supper and then brought her home to a bunch of people.

 Here we are, just waiting for them to come home.



Surprise!


 Cheri with her cake.  She doesn't look 50!



My sweet Dad and step mom.  I was trying to get a picture of the two of them, and she hates having her picture taken.  Dad thought it was hilarious!



 Lots of people - inside the house...



 and out on the deck.



This is a fun gift I found for her.  On the box it said 1969 was a great year.  Inside was candy that was popular back then - wax lips, pixie sticks, dip'm sticks, wax bottles of juice.  It's fun to reminisce.

Happy Birthday Cheri!

15 comments:

Dianna said...

How sweet of her daughter to plan such a lovely gathering for her mother's 50th birthday. And you are right...Cheri does not look 50!

Laurel Wood said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! What a fun surprise from her daughter. Looks like everyone had a great time. I love the old-fashioned candy gift from you. Have a nice week, Mari.

Jean said...

Oh my! A fifty year old and I discover she was born just a month after I graduated from high school! But makes sense! I’ll be having my 50th class reunion this year. Looks like a fun evening.

Sandi said...

:) Happy Birthday!

In the first two photos it looks like the walls go from a lovely pale green to white at the bottom. Ombre, I think they call that effect. It is probably just the light and the camera...or was it painted that way? I like it!

Linda said...

Happy 50th!!!!! I am the oldest and the only girl...smiles

Arlene G said...

I am seven years older than my sister who is 57 and yes, that makes me feel old.lol Baby sisters are special and I love the gift you gave her. Where did you find it Mari? I might want to do this for some friends birthdays.

Changes in the wind said...

A special time and celebration and what a great gift you found for you sister.

Sally said...

How wonderful! Fifty looks like forty on your sister, Mari. I'm 11 years older than my baby brother. Every now and then he'll say: "I don't understand how you have great-grandchildren!" :)

Doris said...

That gift is so fun! And, she does NOT look like she's 50.

Jenny the Pirate said...

How special. Cheri looks wonderful -- for any age. I love her smile. That cake looks SO good and your dad and stepmom are awesome. Congratulations, Cheri!!! xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a fun birthday!

Terri D said...

How fun!! I'm the oldest and my youngest sister is 9 years younger than me. That makes her approaching 60!! Goodness, time flies. The party looks like it was great fun and how special that her daughter did the planning and pulled it off! I love that gift you found for her! I remember all of that candy well!!

Sandi said...

I got your comment about the wall colors. :) Funny how cameras do that!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy belated to your sweet Sis! That's practically around the corner for me. Age is just a number though, right? I LOVE what you got her! What a fun idea 😉

Debi said...

What a lovely surprise for your sister. I loved the gift you gave her.