Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Cooking Thursday

I was asked to make a fruit salad to bring to work to celebrate our Nurse Aides last week,  I found a new recipe to try and it was so good!  The glaze on the fruit made the whole thing very refreshing.
This one is perfect for a summer potluck!

Watermelon Fruit Salad with Creamy Citrus Glaze

Fruit:
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
3 cups seedless green grapes
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
2 cups blueberries
2 bananas, sliced (I won't add these again, they got mushy and didn't seem to go well with the rest)
Combine all fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Citrus Glaze:
1/4 cup pulp free orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 of a 3.4 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix (eyeball it)
2 tablespoons Powdered sugar
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
Pour all ingredients into bowl and whisk to combine.  Cover and place in refrigerator.

When ready to serve, drain juices from fruit.  Pour glaze over and stir to combine. The glaze will be thick at first but thins as it combines with the fruit juice.  Serve immediately after mixing as glaze will become runny after a bit.



12 comments:

Arlene G said...

Looks perfect for summertime.

Mary said...

It definitely looks refreshing, it’s very hot and muggy here in Massachusetts, I could imagaine how nice a serving of that fruit salad would be right about now.

Jean said...

This sounds perfect!! Gotta try it!

Linda said...

I was going to say that about the 'naners. It still looks good though, smiles.

Sally said...

We love fruit salad, but have not had this. Will try it! Thanks, Mari.

xoxo

grams ramblings said...

Delish...

Hootin Anni said...

You have me drooling, once again!

Kim said...

Mmmm...sounds like candy!!

Terri D said...

I agree with you about the bananas. The glaze sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Henny Penny said...

Oh wow! Wish I had the ingredients to go make one now. It looks and sounds delicious. Thank you for the nice comment you left on the my daughter's post.

Jenny said...

Aaaarrrrggghhh! Mercy! A bit too much sugar for me but it doesn't matter because I cannot get near a watermelon without consuming practically the whole thing all by me pirate onesie. Nevertheless I shall copy this wonderful recipe. Thankee, mate xoxo

Debi said...

I don't usually put a dressing on my fruit salad but this one sounds so good I just might have to try it!