Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Cooking Thursday

My friend Jenny, from I'm Having a Thought Here, recently posted a recipe that sounded like something we would enjoy.  So, I made it last week and it was a hit.  The crust is so yummy! It's like a golden, crispy cookie which is then topped with a mix of chocolate, cream cheese and Cool Whip.  Yes - it's dangerous, you don't want to make it too often!

Jenny's Chocolate Delight

Crust:
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sliced almonds
Stir ingredients together and pat smooth into 9x13 baking pan (preferably glass).  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden brown.

Filling:
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounce tub Cool Whip Extra Creamy
Mix cream cheese and sugar well, then stir in Cool Whip.
Spread this mixture over the cooled crust.

Topping:
2 small (3-oz) packages instant chocolate pudding*
3 cups milk (not 4 c as called for on pudding box)
8 ounce tub Cool Whip Extra Creamy
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix dry pudding mix with milk and blend.
Pour this over cream cheese mix in pan.
Top this with second tub of Cool Whip and sprinkle mini chips over top.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating.

*Jenny used Godiva Chocolate Caramel Pudding mix and said it is delicious.  We don't have that in our area, so I used regular chocolate pudding.
 

14 comments:

Joyful said...

I like yummy, sweet and whipped cream. Yikes that does sound dangerous, lol.

R's Rue said...

Yummy. Looks so good.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

WOW, how good that looks.

Linda said...

Yummy...I'll have to leave out or substitute the almonds though, smiles.

Arlene G said...

One of my old favorite desserts that I have neglected to make lately....thanks for reminding me of it Mari.

Beth Cotell said...

Looks delicious! I can see how it would be dangerous!!

Sally said...

This reminds me of the chocolate pies our mom used to make. :)

Connie said...

I can see why you wouldn't want to make it often, but what a treat when you do!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness does that sound good!

Laurel Wood said...

I would love this.

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness! That looks so yummy that it certainly would be dangerous here where we are trying to lose weight. But we have to have some fun foods now and then, too, right?

Debi said...

Oh my, this does sound dangerous!

Hootin Anni said...

Bud would love tbis. So would I..
(But, no chocolate anymore, for me)

Jenny said...

Well this was actually JOYCE's Chocolate Delight but I told her you loved it and she was so glad! I wish I could claim credit for making this one up. Just wonderful and so special. I'm glad you liked it. xoxo