Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sight and Sound Theater

We had a great day with Alan and Cheryl, and they had a great evening planned too. They took us to the Hershey restaurant, where their son Chad joined us. It was nice to meet Chad, but I forgot to take a picture while there! Our supper was a buffet, and everything was so good!
After eating Alan and Cheryl took us to the Sight and Sound Theater.

Here is the front of the building. The banners hanging in the entry show the current production, which is 'Joseph'.



This statue of the Lion and the Lamb is in the front of the building.



This is just inside the doors. The entire building is beautiful. Much of it has a historical look to it.


A statue in the foyer.


The interior walls.

These pictures only show the building. They don't allow pictures during the show, but I can tell you that I have never seen a production like this before. There is a main stage, but there are also stages on the side of the auditorium. The sets are lavish, and the speed in which they change them is astounding. The costumes looked really authentic. There were animals in the show; I saw sheep, camels, donkeys and a few cows. The directors used the whole theater. Stars lit up the sky, Joseph was up in the air during his dream of the sun, moon and stars and the actors went up and down the aisles.
Seeing this made the story of Joseph come alive!
The show finished after 10 and we made our way back to Alan and Cheryl's home to say good bye. Cheri and I both had a wonderful time with them. There were people who thought it was strange to drive 12 hours to visit people we had never met in person. However - Alan and Cheryl were just as sweet in real life as they are in Cheryl's blog. It was great to spend a day with them.
Thanks Alan and Cheryl, for being such great hosts! You are welcome to visit us in Michigan anytime!

24 comments:

mariel said...

oh i've heard so many good things about sights and sounds!! i hope to get the chance to visit one day soon!!

Andrea said...

Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Blessings,
andrea

Aspiemom said...

I think the last show I saw there was "Daniel" and it was fantastic. We did the background tour with the homeschool group and got to see where they kept the animals. Do you know that they have to scoop poop during the shows, so they have pooper scoopers dressed in the period of the show so they blend in and you don't even know they're doing it?? lol

Aspiemom said...

A friend of mine went to church with the owner (Glen Eshelman) and he would give her tickets sometimes when they weren't sold out, so I got to go for free a few times! Wow! My neighbor worked on their landscaping crew.

Did Cheryl tell you that they had a fire about 10-12 years ago and had to rebuild the building?

Unknown said...

I would love to go there again, we went a few years ago and saw "Ruth" it also was very good. So glad you two had such a wonderful time.

Angel said...

We went to a theater like that once and saw a production called The Promise. It was amazing!! How fun that you got to go meet your blog friend and see and do all you did. You are blessed!!

Love and Blessings

Connie said...

Ken & I saw "Daniel" while we were there. Very good.
What an experience for you and your sister. Something you'll never forget.

Raise Them Up said...

I'm glad you had the chance to see so much, and do Sight And Sound too. I think we're going to have to save up and go next summer while we're there.

Jenny said...

My kids have all visited Sight & Sound but I've never had a chance to go. It looks more amazing than I'd heard! I'm so glad you and Cheri had this wonderful opportunity.

Anonymous said...

The Lion and the Lamb stopped my thought process cold. I just stopped and looked. That is one way I would have thought the world should have been like.

Momma Roar said...

So glad you had an amazing time!!

Can you believe I've never been to Sight and Sound? LOL!! Someday!

The man who started it used to be a minister at the church I attend. My husband grew up with his children - but I didn't start attending until much later. :D

Brooke said...

i love the lion/lamb statue! :)

Penny said...

How fun!! That sounds like such an awesome day!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place! So neat to have had the chance to meet face to face. But, it's sad to say goodbye.

Hootin Anni said...

Absolutely a treasure for us today!! Wow....I so love the Lion and the Lamb.

Super share for everyone Mari.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Popping in to wish y'all a happy 4th. I hope you get to enjoy all your favorites!

Kayren said...

I haven't gotten by to say so yet, but I've been enjoying reading about your trip and seeing all your pictures (on my google reader). I especially enjoyed all the pictures from the Amish area.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...first, thanks for the compliment on my turtle painting. But you saying this morning that you'll get a bit of humidity?!! Do you live near the Great Lake then? Or just lots of rains?

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND.

Kim said...

Yes, I've heard about those shows too and hope to one myself one of these days :D

What a fabulous trip!

Cherdecor said...

Thank you, Mari, for all your kind words. It was our pleasure to take you and Cheri to this wonderful production! Alan and I were so blessed to have you visit with us.

Anonymous said...

I think it's so great that you two were able to make the trip. I know how blessed I felt when we met Mickey and Susan and that was only for a short visit on our way to Texas.

God has brought some special people into our lives through blogging, that's for sure! Trust me, I would drive 12 hours to visit a few people I only know via blogging. I have no doubt it would be worth the trip.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Mari, I have never heard of this before but will be sure to research it now. Loved the photos; sounds like you have an incredible time.
Have a blessed 4th.
Noreen

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
septembermom said...

This is a show that I would love to see. It sounds amazing. I love how the actors bring the show right to you.