Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Cooking Thursday

 Today's recipe is one I got from my daughter Laura.  It's pumpkin bars, and the bars are very tasty, but the frosting makes them over the top.  It makes a jelly roll pan so is perfect when you need something to share or feed a bunch.


Frosted Pumpkin Bars

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1 small can pumpkin
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Beat ingredients until smooth. Pour into greased jelly roll pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Frosting:
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup hot milk
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar and bring to a boils, stirring frequently. Add the milk and remove from heat. Working quickly, whisk in powdered sugar and pour over the warm pumpkin bars. Use spatula to immediately spread frosting over bars. Let set for 30 minutes to set up.

16 comments:

Debby said...

Another sweet my husband would love. He has a major sweet tooth 🦷

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that looks so good. Doesn't look too hard to make either. Thanks for the recipe.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I want to make just this frosting and eat it out of a bowl! I have printed the recipe.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your such a great cook- baker- MARI...lovely cake- I'm getting hungry!

Catherine said...

I wish we had can pumpkin here! It must be very good. I also love carrot cake I have a tea room where you can eat some nearby.

Sola Scriptura said...

I love when you share recipes!

Veronica Lee said...

It's looks amazing, Mari! 😋
Thanks for sharing this delightful recipe!

Donna said...

Sounds like a good recipe! Thanks Mari!
hugs
Donna

Pamela M. Steiner said...

That really sounds good!! I like brown sugar frostings too. Thank you for this recipe!!

Suemn said...

Yum! I love pumpkin bars. I can imagine them now with that frosting and I really want one. Ha!

happyone said...

They sure look good.

Terri D said...

A good dessert for my church group!! Another keeper, Mari! Thanks!

Dianna said...

Oh my! We do enjoy pumpkin around here...but that icing...oh my goodness! It looks delicous. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

R's Rue said...

Yum

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds like an absolute keeper! Already copied for later use. ;)
Yum!

Debi said...

These bars look delicious... and I have some pumpkin in the freezer!