Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Fall, Finally...


Most of you know that I've been hanging on to summer for as long as possible.  But - it's Fall!  And now I'm ready to embrace it.
I've added a little Fall to the inside and outside of the house.



In the dining room - dried pods in the vases on the shelf, some Fall pictures and of course, some pumpkins!





This little arrangement on the table.





Little wooden pumpkins that Alaina and I made last year are on the side table in the living room.




Another little vignette in the living room.






The wall in the living room got a pumpkin on the candle stand and on the shelf, along with a Thankful sign.





But, I had the most fun doing the porch.



I found a nice big mum.







I was able to add in some things that were my Dads.  The egg basket is one I found when clearing out his barn after he passed.  Doesn't it look cute with all those gourds in it?









When Alaina heard me say I was putting that basket out, she said I needed to put the milk can out too.  She was right!  It looks nice on the other side of the door.

It's so nice to repurpose things that were Dads and I sure enjoy seeing them out there.
Happy Fall!

17 comments:

Mandy said...

The egg basket is perfection! And so special! Your dad would have loved that. All of your fall decor is just so pretty! Love those green pumpkins, too!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The basket of gourds is stunning. But my favorite is the little wooden pumpkins you both made, how cute!

roentare said...

Beautiful autumn decorations!

Suemn said...

Your house is all ready now for Autumn and looks so nice and cozy. The tree leaves here have started to fall and I'll need to start raking soon.

Jeanette said...

Love your decorations! I really love your porch! Happy Fall!

R's Rue said...

Love it.

happyone said...

Everything looks very nice.
My favorite is the milk can and pumpkins.

Happy@Home said...

Your fall decor looks so welcoming for this new season. Your beautiful porch looks like the ideal spot to be as the leaves change colors. I think your dad's egg basket and milk can look great with the pumpkins and gourds. Happy Fall!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You know I loved every moment of this post dear Friend! Everything looks absolutely beautiful - but your front porch takes the cake!! Love the meaningful pieces from your Dad. :) 🎃 🧡

Barbara said...

Thank you for inviting us to your home, Mari. I really like your style of decorating.

Kim said...

Everything looks so pretty, Mari! I love your dining room, that wall is beautiful!!

acorn hollow said...

Looking very festive.
We are having summer weather but I do love fall.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

No pumpkins or mums here this year so I will enjoy looking at yours. Love that paneled wall too! Great Fall decor. Janice

Terri D said...

Your porch looks great, Mari, and so do your inside decorations. I have a few things out and may have to take a couple of photos to share. Hugs!

Debby said...

Ooh, I love it all. I like the wall in your dining area. I'd like to do that to one wall in my bedroom. I too, love to display my parent's things. They are special.

Catherine said...

It is so nice! I wish we had front porch here to decorate. I love all the pumpkins

Jenny the Pirate said...

I really like the look of that gourd-filled that egg basket, and your milk jug is always great. I think your dad would be so happy that you are enjoying his things. Everything inside looks so cute too, as alway. Try not to think about the winter winds blowing! They will be along in good time. Meanwhile I can always see myself sitting on that porch! xoxo