Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Here's another new thing we tried out when we were at the cottage. We made this on Saturday when we were planning a quiet day there.
It was a yummy treat!



Overnight Cinnamon Sticky Buns

20 frozen dinner rolls - the type you let rise
1/4 cup instant butterscotch pudding mix, dry powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon maple extract

Spray a bundt pan generously with non stick cooking spray.
Spread frozen rolls to the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle pudding mix, brown sugar and cinnamon over top.
Melt the butter, stir in the vinegar, whipping cream and maple extract. Pour mixture over buns.
Place damp towel over pan and let set at room temperature overnight.
The next morning, remove towel and place in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and invert onto plate.

16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! I would eat one with each meal!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have a similarish recipe to this I've always wanted to try! That sure looks delish. 😋

Lauren said...

Wow that looks delicious!

Donna said...

I've just gained five pounds...!!
hugs
Donna

acorn hollow said...

It sound like a sweet gooey treat!
Cathy

Sandi said...

Oh, yum!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Hi Mari! Pam here from Closed Doors, Open Windows. I see you commenting on many of my friends' blogs, but for some reason we've never connected. So I came to your blog today and see all kinds of lovely places and things...(including this delicious looking recipe!) I went back and saw the trip you recently took to a cottage and all the beautiful scenery along the way! Breathtaking! I enjoyed my visit very much, and have finally clicked to "follow" you. Still not sure why I haven't sooner! So anyway, I hope to get better acquainted with you in the future. Have a blessed and beautiful day.

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness!! Next time I have overnight guests this will be breakfast!! Nieces are coming in January. Might have to try it out before!! Thanks, Mari!

Dianna said...

Oh my! That lookds delicious! I'd love to give it a try, but we aren't eating sweet treats right now. So, I will file this recipe for when we are. :)

Billie Jo said...

Thank you! I can smell it as I type! It is the perfect treat this time of year, my friend.

Jenny the Pirate said...

This represents most of my worst weaknesses. Plus which, I am a pig. If I made this, I would eat the whole thing and TG would have to eat oatmeal. I'm sure you shared though, and Bon did not suffer the same fate. Haaahahaha xoxo

happyone said...

Oh my that sure looks good. I better NOT copy that down!! :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a yummy treat! Looks delicious!

Veronica Lee said...

Yummm! Looks divine! 😋

Hugs and blessings, Mari

Kim said...

Oh my! It's a rainy Sunday morning and that would be a delicious way to make it a little better!!

Debby said...

My husband would LOVE this. Me, not so much. Maybe just a pinch...I don't have much of a sweet tooth.