Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Cribs, spills and swings!

Cribs, spills and swings; that tells you a little about our weekend
We have a spare room set up with a bunk bed that the girls sleep on when they stay over.  It also had an armoire that I stored craft things in, and a big book case for books and toys.  That was all good until Cassie started getting bigger.  We wanted to have her overnight, but didn't have room for the crib the girls used because of the bunk bed. She's too little for a regular bed, so we had to come up with a plan.
I found a mini crib, and we decided to move my craft armoire to the spare bedroom downstairs, and put this mini crib in with the bunk bed.
Alaina and Ruby are very excited about this and can't wait to have a "slumber party".  They said Grandpa, Grandma, Alaina, Ruby and Cassie are all invited.
When they heard that the crib was here, they wanted to come and help put it together, so this was the weekend for that.

Getting all the pieces out and making a plan.






Bob said Alaina did a great job.  He didn't even have to tighten up the screws she was putting in.



The finished crib - just need a little mattress and Cassie can come!


After that was done, we took them to Dairy Queen and got some blizzards.  We took the blizzards home to eat after the girls got their pj's on.  I was getting my p's on when I heard a little thunk and a yell. And this is what I found when I came to the kitchen!

Ruby tried to grab her cup out of the carrier, mine was still in it and it fell.  You can't imagine how far it went!  It was under the stove and frig, on the rug, on the cabinets and on Bob and Ruby.  It took a bit to clean up, but we did it. And although Ruby is smiling in this pic, she felt bad, but it was just an accident.




On Saturday morning the girls helped me make an ice cream dessert and then we made a craft that I'll show you later.



Our neighbors had said they could come use their tire swing, and they had fun trying it out.




Kids and a tire swing - classic summer fun!



We stopped to see Great Grandpa and Great Grandma.  We sat outside and had lunch with them.  Dad was doing good and they are both always glad to see the girls. Then it was time to bring them home.  They are hoping the next time Cassie will be there too.  Ruby tells me I won't have to do a thing, she will take care of her!  :)

17 comments:

Debi said...

Such sweet girls! I'll bet your slumber parties are going to be great fun!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see the craft! They always have such fun there. And of course, spills at Grandma's house are never any bother. The crib is pretty and looks brand new.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love these weekend visits you have with your granddaughters. I know that Cassie will grow to enjoy having fun with grandma and grandpa too. Your dad is looking good. So glad he is getting to enjoy so much time with his great granddaughters. Have a good week. See you again soon.

Pam said...

Aren't Grands the absolute best...and won't we do just about anything for them!? I am excited that Cassie will get to be at the next "slumber party". I tell you, those pics of the girls and the Great-Grandparents are sweet and will become treasures for sure. I wish my parents were still alive so my Grandblessings could meet them. Have a blessed week, my friend.

Grace and Peace,
Pam

Hootin Anni said...

How fun!! Too bad about the blizzard. Boy, those girls sure are growing!! And soon Cassie will be there with them overnight. (By the way...the aqua color looks great on both the girls!)

DUTA said...

Lovely summer weekend all in all with three generations present: girls, grandparents, great grandparents.The girls have a nice break here from parents, who are with them most of the time.

Jean said...

What fun that will be when they can all sleep over! I remember as a kid when four of us girls slept in one bedroom. We had a double bed (Janet and Mary Ellen), a single bed (me), and a crib (Doris, a toddler at that time.) We used to love laughing together at Doris's antics in the crib. At one point the crib railing came loose at the one side and it could be swung open like a door. She would get in and out of it that way and we would crack up every time.

Changes in the wind said...

Such excitement at your house new crib, tire swing, spilled ice cream, baking and all.

Doris said...

How fun! Well, except for the "little" oops. I accidently spilled Noah's Tropical Smoothie out of the refrigerator not once but TWICE!! He now makes sure to put it way in the back to keep it safe from Nana if he's saving some for later =))

Jeanette said...

Oh no about the blizzard! What a mess! Did you have an extra piece of ice cream cake to make up for not getting the blizzard? Just asking because that's what I would have done! LOL! I love the picture of the girls with their great-grandparents! So sweet!

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW poor Ruby, dropping your blizzard! I would have been crying, haahaa! GREAT job getting a Cassie-sized bed for the girls' room! Can't wait until the first slumber party. The girls' smiles are always sweet but those will be extra-sweet! xoxo

happyone said...

What a great weekend even with the mess in the kitchen. :)

Terri D said...

Your grandgirls are being raised so well. Sweet, caring, helpful, and fun-loving!! Cassie will be well-mentored!! So cute that Ruby and Alaina helped put Cassie's new crib together! Looking forward to seeing the craft and also the next slumber party with all three girlies!! xo

Dianna said...

Oh how fun! All three girls will be under one roof at once...it will be a fun "slumber party".

Your dad looks good in this picture. He still has that sparkle in his eyes. I especially like that look of love in Ruby's eyes while she is looking at Great Grandma.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I always love getting to share in these sweet family moments with you my Friend. I just love how your granddaughters all love each other and their cousin and the fun all of you have so often. Feel free to adopt me anytime. 😊

Kim said...

Love those DIY skills, you go girls!!

Sally said...

I think you and Bob are about the 'coolest' grandparents ever. You two are making such wonderful memories with the girl. They always seem so happy to be with y'all.
xoxo