Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

A Day in my Life; July

 I'm a little late with this post, because I had too much to say last week!  However, better late than never...   Here is how I spent the first day of July.


I left home about 7:40 am to go to work.  It was a cloudy morning, temps in the low 70's.  This pic was taken about 8am, one of the many fields I pass as I drive.




A short while later, the clouds were really building up.







I made it to work with no rain.  It's 8:15.





Since it's the first of the month, I get to turn my calendar to a new page.  This was a Christmas gift, and I love looking at different pictures of my granddaughters each month.




It was a day for wildlife!


We saw squirrels,   bunnies....



a woodchuck...



and these cute twin fawns!




They have been visiting us regularly, along with their mom.  Aren't they the cutest?


Because it was a holiday weekend, we had some treats.


I brought a big bowl of pasta salad.




Someone else brought these cute patriotic cupcakes.



We were afraid it would be a crazy day because Friday's often are and this one was heading into a 3 day weekend.  However, it went quite smoothly and we got out on time, at 5pm



It never did rain, just went from sunny to cloudy several time.  This is a pretty scene I saw as I drove home; horses grazing in the field.


6pm - I met Bob for supper at Ucello's.  He got a sausage and veggie dinner.  I got chicken nachos.  It was a huge plate!  I ate about 1/3 of it and was full.



Our son Andy and wife Nikki were going to be arriving in the middle of the night, so I had some cleaning to do when I got home

I cleaned the bathroom, including the tub. Nice to get that done again.




We moved the furniture in the living room, placing the chair back in front of the windows.  I did a little cleaning in there too.  As you can see by the clock, it was about 8:30 when I was done.  Time to sit down and relax!  It was a very good day.

20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

A lovely day! Nothing went wrong and nothing bad happened. The chicken nachos look divne. And the babies are beyond cute!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wonderful wildlife photos, and those cupcakes look yummy.
The building photo (where you work?) looks just like the building one of my doctors is in. It made me do a double take.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You had a good 1st of July! I love all the wildlife you saw. I also enjoy seeing pictures of your lovely home. It looks so welcoming! Glad you had a nice July 4th weekend. Enjoy the coming week. See you again soon!

DUTA said...

A good, uneventful day with beautiful nature, delicious food,family, nice clean house.

Anni said...

Busy as usual. Dining out is always a plus!!! And sweet twins!

Suemn said...

You live and work in a beautiful area. The pictures of the wildlife are so nice to see.

R's Rue said...

I love these posts. The wildlife is beautiful.

Changes in the wind said...

What a treat to see all the wild life and just the cool weather would be devine to me as it was 111 here yesterday.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

It's super that you still have the stamina to clean, later in the day. My stamina has long gone by then. LOL

Gentle hugs,
🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓

Jenny the Pirate said...

You are by far the most industrious person I know, with the ability to cram so much into a single day! Work, appreciation of nature, supper out, a little light housework! Those chicken nachos sure looked good! And now I want to hug some twin baby fawns. xoxo

Debby said...

Your pasta salad looks yum. Have you shared the recipe yet on here? Everything looks so festive. Makes me hungry - which is my cue to eat I guess. You live in such a beautiful area.

Barbara said...

I enjoyed going thru your day with you, appreciating the wonders all around you. We always have things for which to be thankful. All the foodie pictures looked great, so good as a matter of fact, that halfway thru reading your post, I put my computer aside for a couple of minutes to go find a snack in the refrigerator to share with Gary. That pasta salad, especially, caught my eye.

Kim said...

A good and busy day, for sure...and your bathroom is lovely!

happyone said...

A good day to start off July.
You have a nice ride to work with beautiful scenery.
What a lovely calendar!!
We call your woodchuck groundhogs here.
Those cupcakes sure look good.
I love that feeling after cleaning the bathroom!!

Mari said...

Here's a link for the pasta salad. It's so easy and so good!
https://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2013/08/cooking-thursday_28.html

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Looks like it was a great start to a new month of your favorite season. 😉 That calendar is such a sweet gift. And how wonderful to have your kiddos coming home for a visit! I always love catching the scenery and the work you do on these fun day in the life posts. Thanks for sharing!

Terri D said...

Thanks for the link to the pasta salad recipe! The wildlife you can watch from your work windows is so great!! I love the country lanes and all the fields you share with us. That's how I grew up so it feels like home when I visit here! Love it!! xo

Dianna said...

Your first day of July sounds lovely! Your pasta salad looks so yummy and I love seeing pictures of your home because it is always so cozy and inviting.

LL Cool Joe said...

Looks like a lovely day, and those nachos sure look good, but I would have struggled to eat all of them too.

Everything in your house looks immaculate, but please tell Bob to get his feet off the sofa. :D

Jean said...

What a good day! Your living room is so beautiful!