Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Cooking Thursday

I have a recipe I got from my friend Jenny, of I'm having a Thought Here.  She e-mailed it to me a few years ago telling me I had to try it.  I always listen to her, so I made it.  And - it's so good!  That's why I listen to her, she's not steered me wrong yet.
When I made them again recently, I realized I never shared the recipe. It's a crock pot recipe for pork chops.  They are tender and fall off the bone, the gravy is amazing!  So if you are looking for pork chops that are easy to make and delicious, look no further.


Crockpot Pork Chops and Gravy

  • 1 ounce packet onion soup mix
  • 14 ounce can chicken broth, low sodium
  • 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
  • 1 ounce packet dry pork gravy mix
  • 4 bone-in pork chops
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 Tablespoons water
  • In a 5-6 quart oval slow cooker, combine onion soup mix, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pork gravy mix. Whisk together until combined.
  • Season both sides of the chops with a little bit of garlic powder. Place pork chops into the slow cooker. Do your best to spread them out and cover with the gravy mixture.
  • Cover and cook on low about 4-6 hours.
  • Just before the pork chops are done - whisk together the corn starch and cold water in a small bowl. Once it is smooth, pour it in with your pork chops in the slow cooker and stir gently.
  • Cover and switch the slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 minutes (until gravy has thickened.)

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They look fantastic! Wish I had a crock pot!

Deb J. in Utah said...

This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Hootin Anni said...

I love everything pork!!

Suemn said...

I love pork chops so I will definitely try this recipe in the future. Thanks!

Donna said...

I printed it out immediately! Lol....looks wonderful!
Thank you!!
hugs
Donna

Dianna said...

This is definitely going on next week's menu! Thank you for sharing. It just happens that when I was getting meat from the freezer last night I discovered a package of chops. I thought they were all gone.

happyone said...

I've copied the recipe and will certainly make it. I've been looking for just such a recipe. Thanks.

Kim said...

My husband loves pork and I love that crock pot! Thanks!

Jenny the Pirate said...

YES I remember this ... can you believe, I have only made it once? I'm going to send TG to the meat market for some pork chops and do this again! Thanks for reminding me!!! xoxo

Debby said...

Yum, I love pork chops

Terri D said...

This sounds so good! I have boneless pork chops in the freezer and I'm sure it would work for them too (?). Thanks, Mari!!

Henny Penny said...

Your recipies are always so delicious looking, and make me hungry. I need to try this one! Get tired of frying pork chops. Thank you.

Jeanette said...

That really looks good. I'm always looking for different ways to make pork chops other than breaded and in the oven! I will definitely be making these!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

yummy

Barbara said...

My efforts with pork chops are not consistently good. Maybe I should try this recipe. It looks wonderful!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh, yum! xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Another keeper I've copied down! Thanks to "both" of you ladies for sharing 😉