Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Weekend

 Hope you all had a nice weekend!  Mine was busy, and filled with some good, and some not so good...

Friday night, Andrew and Heather came over for pizza.  We were happy to see them - and of course Cassie too!


Having fun with Andrew




Heather said it wasn't easy, but she managed to get a couple of pigtails in her hair.



Her shirt says "worth waiting for"    and she was!



Saturday, my sister Cheri asked if I could come with her to help her pick out a paint color.  As we were leaving the store, I got a call from my Dad asking if I could come over and "check him out".  He said he hadn't been feeling good for a few days.  So, we both went over and found him laying on the couch (which in itself was a concern), and he told us he was having a lot of stomach discomfort, not eating well and felt weak.  He tried to get into the doctor but couldn't get an appointment until Thursday.
We decided to take him to urgent care as Thursday was too long to wait.  Unfortunately, urgent care was closed, so we ended up in the ER.
As you know, nothing is usual in these covid times.  They wouldn't let Cheri in, not even to a waiting room.  She ended up going home, because why wait in the parking lot?  And I went in with Dad.
It was a long afternoon, mostly sitting and waiting.  First waiting for the Doctor, then blood work, then an IV, then a CT scan.  Just getting the results from that scan took 1 1/2 hours.


Dad took advantage of that waiting time to take a nap.

Finally. the doctor came back and said they saw nothing serious but diagnoses him with diverticulitis.  They gave us a prescription for an antibiotic and sent us on our way.

Cheri came back to pick us up and we brought him home, where Ann was very happy to see him.  Our other sister Terri stopped as we got home to check up on him too.  We made it back to our town about 6:30, so the day was certainly spent in a different way than we expected, but we were thankful for the outcome.


Sunday was a very nice day; a very good church service and a relaxing afternoon.  I called my Dad who said he was feeling some better already and just talking to him, I could tell he felt better.

Now I'm getting ready for the week ahead. At the moment they are predicting a huge winter storm mid-week.  I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that way!




17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. So glad your dad is doing better. That was certainly a bit of a scare for you. I am glad you live close enough to be there and help him out. Cassie is getting so big! What a cutie she is! Glad you had a good Sunday. I hope you don't get as much snow as expected. Wish you could send some out here to us. We need more moisture! See you again soon. Have a good week. :-)

Susan said...

Cassie is so cute with her little pigtails! I am glad your dad is doing better. I bet you were worried. I have to go Friday to get a Covid test and prep for a colonoscopy. I have to have them every 5 years. I hope it goes well! Enjoy your week and stay safe and warm!

Joyful said...

Your granddaughter is a cutie. How worrisome to deal with your dad's health concern. Thankfully you were there to help him through it all and I'm glad the outcome seems to be as good as it could be. I hope you don't get a lot of snow as you drive to and from work on Monday.

Hootin Anni said...

Be safe & stay warm during the storm!
I've read about your father's ailment and hope soon he's back to normal!!
That Cassie is a sweetheart.

Linda said...

Oh no, keeping your dad in prayer...I am a little upset about wearing a mask while laying / waiting in the ER. That is a little disconcerting...oh and here, you can't even wait in the parking lot, the police will forcibly remove you if you try.

Cassie is plum adorable, grin. I was just reading about that storm, sigh.

Martha said...

So glad you are close enough to keep an eye on your dad and help him out when necessary. So glad it was nothing serious and glad he's feeling better. Fingers crossed that the storm backs off!

Suemn said...

It's so concerning when an elderly parent isn't well. I'm so glad to hear that your dad is already feeling better. It certainly isn't a good time to have to go to the ER.

Changes in the wind said...

So glad it all worked out for your Dad and he is home. Love those pigtails.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh Mari, what an answer to prayer, that your dad is home and doing better. Praise the Lord. And how wonderful that you were able to be there with him and take care of everything. I know he is so grateful for his children who look after him so well. And I know that Ann is grateful too. Here's to your dad feeling 100% better very soon. xoxo

Debi said...

Glad your dad is doing better. Diverticulitus can be so painful. Hope you have an uneventful week and the storm passes you by.

Terri D said...

Oh my, always concerning! I am so glad he is already feeling better, Mari! Life does tend to take detours now and then. Your dad is blessed to have such a good support team on his side and I'm sure he knows that! Cassie is growing so fast! How cute are those pigtails!! She is adorable. Love & hugs! xo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

A weekend of up's and down's...

Glad your Dad is feeling better.

Hope the storm does not fully materialize!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and the time spent, getting the pig-tails, was worth it!!!!!!!!!!

Gentle hugs
🌲⛄🏠🔥🏠⛄🌲

happyone said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious with your dad.
Cassie is a cutie with those little pigtails. :)

Jean said...

What a scare! I'm so glad your dad is feeling better!

Cassie is ADORABLE with those piggy tails!

Kim said...

Happy to hear your dad is home. Hopefully he's feeling better. That's a tough one when it flairs.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Catching up. So glad your Dad was okay! Always scary moments and then with covid times it's all extra complicated and frustrating! Nurse Mari is the best one to have on the job though 😉
Cassie is getting so big already and is such a Dolly!!

Henny Penny said...

Times like that are so scary. I'm glad your dad is feeling better.