Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2022

A little winter weather!

 We had some crazy weather last week with lots of snow!  There was a big storm predicted for Wednesday.  It was fine going in, but soon the snow started.  By 12:30 they told those of us in the office who didn't live close by to leave.
My drive home was brutal.  I didn't want to take the back roads so got on the highway.  That was probably a mistake.  The wind was really blowing and the visibility was terrible.  There were 2 tracks on one side of the road, and when a semi came by, things got even worse.  It took me an hour to get home, and my commute is usually 30 minutes.


Looking out the front window when I arrived home.



The view out the back windows.



By late Wednesday afternoon, I had a call from our office manager telling me that they were closing the office on Thursday, and I could work from home that day.  What a blessing!



It just kept snowing.  Bob had a late shift on Thursday, so he did the driveway that morning and measured 13 inches of snow on it!
I was set up on my computer and in touch with the other girls from the office.  I worked all day and was so thankful to be working somewhere that allows this option.



By Thursday night we had another 7 inches of snow - so 20 inches in all!


Friday morning I bundled up and left early for work.  It was again, not a nice drive and took me almost an hour, but at least the snow had stopped.  Soon the sun came out.


This is a photo taken out of the windows at the office.  Those are all deer tracks.  They keep a bird feeder filled with bird seed, but the deer have discovered it and keep emptying it out.  It makes an easy meal in the snow!




My drive home was much better!  The sky was blue, and the main roads were fairly clear.
I've had enough snow for a while now!

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. So glad you had safe commutes and got to work from home. Have a good week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness! I am just so glad you are alright. I would have been scared out of my wits.

Susan said...

I can barely drive in the rain! It looks so pretty and cold. I am glad you could work from home. Take care of yourself!

Joyful said...

It seems there is a lot of snow this year in many places, even here where it hardly ever snows or gets too cold. I'm glad you made it home safely and had the work at home option until it was safe to go out again.

Hootin Anni said...

I am sure glad we don't get those brutal winter storms!! It's chilly here and gloomy, but no scooping/plowing. That one photo of the pine heavy-ladden with white is pretty tho.

Judy said...

I had wondered if you were getting socked with that storm. Our son and dil live over by Ann Arbor.

Linda said...

Yikes...keep it there...grin. We have some snow from that storm, but nothing like what you got. But we know it's coming, sigh.

Jeanette said...

I was thinking about you when the weather was reporting how much snow you guys were getting over there on the West side of the state. We didn't get any of that here on the East side. I remember a brutal drive home from work a few years ago that was similar to what you described! Very stressful and I bet you were glad to get home! How awesome that you can work from home in times like this! It sure does look pretty though!

happyone said...

Wow that is a lot of snow.
Sure nice that you had the option to work from home.
The weather seems to be crazy all over!!

Kim said...

Seems like a lot of winter weather came your way! We had about 6" fall here over the weekend and boy is it cold. Be safe out there!

Suemn said...

Oh, I know it isn't fun driving in those weather conditions. I've done it myself and it's always scary especially when having to drive long distances. I'm glad you made it back safely and were able to work from home the next day.

R's Rue said...

So much snow. Lovely photos.

Terri D said...

Oh my! Nice that you can work from home when necessary! Mari, I don't care to ever see snow in person, ever again. Enough was enough! Stay safe!! xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wowzers! I think you got even more than we have! Doesn't it sometimes make you question - why do we live around here? Lol
I was catching up on all of your recent posts. I'm so glad you still help at your old place sometimes - not only the blessing you are to them, but probably nice for you to stay in touch too.
You know I love the cinnamon sugar pecans gift idea - do it every year! 😉 Blessings on your week ahead. xo

DUTA said...

Great photos of winter weather!

Jean said...

You are so brave, Mari! I used to be, but those days are long gone!

Doris said...

That's a lot of snow!! Nothing like that here...we had about 4 inches on Thursday night.

LL Cool Joe said...

I've just got back from AZ and the weather wasn't like that there! :D Beautiful but yes that's enough snow for one year thanks!

Jenny the Pirate said...

AAAARRGGGHHHH! Oh Mari I am so glad too that you have a job that allows you to stay home when that weather gets nasty. That said, I'd love to sit indoors by a window and watch that snow fall!!!! I do envy you that. I hope the worst of the snow is over for this winter. Here, we may see a snowflake tonight. It will die of loneliness, haahahaa xoxo