Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 Today's recipe is probably not something you are going to make in the near future, but I wanted to get it on here so I didn't lose it! Maybe it's something you'll want to make at Christmas next year.

This is something I made as a gift this year.  It was easy to make, although it did take a little time as I made several batches and it has to cook and be stirred.  They were tasty, and something different than usual.

Cinnamon Sugar Almonds

1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups almond.

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
In another bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
Add the almonds to the bowl of frothy egg whites and toss until the nuts are completely coated.
Pour the coated nuts into the bowl with the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss until they are well coated.
Pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out evenly.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Allow the nuts to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.


I put them in cute little jars and made labels to tie around them.

17 comments:

happyone said...

Oh I would love these and what a great gift they would make.
Thanks for the recipe.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Phil would LOVE this! I will ask if he wants me to make them.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a nice gift! I love this. Thank you for sharing. :-)

Arlene G said...

I love all sugared nuts but pecans are my favorite. I am trying to write down things to remember for Christmas 2022.

Phoebes World said...

Oh... This is a good one..
Thank you for sharing x

Judy said...

How cute are those jars! I love the recipes you share. This does give me some gift ideas for next year.

Susan said...

I bet the almonds were great and I love the label you made too!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh mercy, they sound delicious....

No, no, no, not here! I need to get away from such delicious stuff. LOL

And no Dear, I am not wishing for your blizzard. Just some snow cover, which is normal and natural for where we live. -smile-

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Suemn said...

That is indeed a great gift. I think I'll have to make some just to test for next year:)

Sparky said...

Yum. Almonds are one of my favorite nuts.
Blessings. xx

Terri D said...

Yum! Those look and sound delicious! Thanks, Mari!

Jean said...

So creative and delicious, Mari! What a wonderful gift!

Katelyn R. said...

Nathan and I have enjoyed them a lot- thank you!

Annsterw said...

My sister in law makes these and they are delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Beth Cotell said...

Ohhhh, I loved candied nuts! So good on a salad. What a nice present!

Kim said...

Interesting. I don't think I've ever had these...but I love your gift tags. They are so pretty!!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Whaaaaat? I have copied this and oh yes I will be making some of these. I don't know how to make cute labels like that *sob* xoxo