Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

Sisters shopping Trip!

 Those of  you that have been with me for a while, will remember that every year my sisters and I do a Christmas shopping trip together.
We did that this past weekend.

I'm blessed to have 2 sisters, and we have fun together.  This is something we've been doing since our kids were young, so it's been a lot of years.  We go out in early November, to try and beat the rush and the bad weather.  It was quite busy this year, but we had beautiful weather.


We start in the morning, at some stores like Target and Meijer.  Here are Terri and Cheri, checking their lists.




A little after noon, we stopped for lunch at Panera.  It's a good time to check things off lists and figure out what's still needed.


After that we hit the mall. 


It was already beautifully decorated.







After going to the mall and a few stores around it, we went for supper.



After supper we had to make 2 more stops, one of which was Hobby Lobby.  We ran into Terri's 3 girls there!




Cheri's car was getting pretty full by this time.  This is Cheri and my stuff, Terri's was filling the back seat.



Then it was off to the hotel for the night.




Lots of talking and laughing happened here - and there may have been a piece of cheesecake for a late night snack!

The next morning, we made a few more stops.  We also stopped to see our Dad and do a little pill set up.

I did a lot of wrapping on Saturday evening. My shopping is nearly done - just waiting on a few gifts I ordered to arrive.  That feels good!

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That really sounds like fun. There is a big family resemblance between you and your sisters. This is a great tradition. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Every place is so crowded right now! I think most have heard about merchandise being scarce due to those ships out in the water. You and your sisters sure look alike. What a fun tradition!! Getting so much done while having a great time together.

Joyful said...

Sounds like so much fun.

Joyful said...

Sounds like do much fun.

Joyful said...

Sounds like so much fun.

Hootin Anni said...

More power to you all. Having your gift list all done is great.

The night at the hotel sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Sandi said...

It's nice to see the Christmas decor!

Arlene G said...

You are WAY ahead of the game Mari!! I am giving the grands money this year. They are getting so hard to buy for!! Sister time is always fun!!

Changes in the wind said...

A great tradition and special time together.

16 blessings'mom said...

That looks like so much fun! Especially the hotel and the cheesecake! I would love to have that much accomplished by this time, it would make the holidays less stressful for sure. I just counted up my immediate Christmas list: 16 kids then 7 spouses, plus 10 grandkids, plus my husband, 34. I have to get moving ha. Thanks for sharing, I am inspired!

Sparky said...

How blessed you are to have two loving sisters to shop with! That's so wonderful. Our family doesn't exchange gifts anymore (we all agreed). I do give a little something to my Church family. I did all that shopping earlier this year from Christianbook.com. I'm done. Only need to address a few Christmas cards later on for mailing to our friends in far off cities. Easy peezy.
Blessings. xx

Jenny the Pirate said...

Good grief Mari! I have exactly one present, haaaha! You girls always get so out in front of everything! I'm glad you had a good time again this year. xoxo

happyone said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do each year. :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Every year I think how genius this is! You have so much fun. Get quality time with your sisters. And you accomplish an insane amount all at once. That leaves such time for enjoying the season!! I have started shopping for all the things I need to order and will do local for the rest. But I'm only about 1/2 done. I bow down to you Your Organizeness 👑 Lol

Susan said...

What a fun tradition to share with your sisters! Must feel good to have your shopping done!

Terri D said...

Your shopping trips with your sisters always sound like so much fun! Good for you getting so much shopping (and wrapping!) done! Wow! Your mall looks beautiful. Ours is nearly empty. The shopping area near me is an outside 'village' and seems to be healthy so far. Kudos to you all for being so far ahead of the season! xo

Rajani Rehana said...

Super blog

Linda said...

That looks like so much fun. I always look forward to this post, smiles.

Sally said...

I want a sister! That's such fun for y'all every year and very smart to get out early! Love the pictures too. :)

Jean said...

I love this tradition!! But I can't imagine being so organized so far ahead of Christmas!! I think I have too many grandchildren, haha!

Kim said...

I love that you do this. What a special event...and wow, you guys are so good with your shopping. I haven't even started!