Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Here's a recipe that uses a boxed brownie mix and makes it fancy.  If you like chocolate and mint, this is the recipe for you.  It's so good!



French Cream Mint Brownies 

1 pkg brownie mix

1/2 c. margarine softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1 T. milk
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1 drop green food coloring if desired


Frosting:
1/2 c. margarine
6 oz. chocolate chips

Prepare brownie mix for a 9x13 pan as directed on package and bake.
For cream filling, mix together margarine and powdered sugar. Blend in milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring. Spread filling over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until firm.
For frosting, melt butter with chocolate chips and pour evenly over filling layer. Chill approximately 30 minutes. Cut into squares and return to refrigerator until firm. Serve chilled. Chocolate will crack if cut before it is chilled.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so yummy!!! Would be great to bring to a church carry-in meal too.

Hootin Anni said...

I am drooling. I love Jr. Mints. ( But now at this stage of life no caffeine for me. Means no chocolate. Please make a 2nd batch & enjoy them for me, okay?)

Sparky said...

Oh, my goodness, chocolate and mint! That was once my favorite sugar rush combo. *lol* Sure looks good. Yum. Now I drink coffee with those flavors.
Blessings. xx

R's Rue said...

Yum

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow. Looks delicious!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I think I've copied this from you before but TG does not like mint and for all I know, others in the family do not either so if I made these I would have to eat all of them. I think I'll make them anyway but maybe in the spring ... xoxo

Suemn said...

Ooh, those brownies look so good!

Terri D said...

Yum!! With the green, this makes a great Christmas offering!! Thanks!

Joyful said...

The squares look so delicious. I have a weak spot for sweets and dessert bars in particular.

happyone said...

Oh my they sure do look good and easy too. Thanks for the recipe, will be trying it. :)

Doris said...

Yum. chocolate and mint, yes please!

Kim said...

Oh my, that looks amazing...

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Copying this one! Going to make these during the holidays for sure. One of Annie's favorite flavor profiles 😋