Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Cooking Thursday

My sister Cheri told me she had made the best chocolate chip cookies ever! She shared the recipe with me, and I had to agree.  They were really good!  Crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle.  And - this recipe only makes 8 cookies, perfect if you want a treat without having a bunch left over.  



Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 large egg yolk at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Ghirardelli large chocolate baking chips
sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar together for 2 minutes or until well combined.
Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
Add flour, baking soda and salt until mixed well, then stir in the chocolate chips.
Cover tightly and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
Divide into 8 portions, roll into balls and place on baking sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden and tops are set.
Remove cookies from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am making these! This is perfect for just the two of us, and looks so easy! I may even fill a couple Lock & Lock containers and give some away for Christmas gifts!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thank you for this recipe. It really sounds good. I may double the recipe and share some with a neighbor!

Catherine said...

Thank you for the recipe, my son is coming soon and each time he comes I have to make cookies!
Peanut butter cookies and chocolate chips cookies, this time I will try your recipe but I will have to make a lot more than eight! Eight for him is in one day! Lol

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not "into" cookies much, but an easy, quick, recipe for sure.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

These sound so good and it is time of year to begin making goodies!

Terri D said...

So... none to share and none to eat later? No excuses for eating an entire batch of 6 dozen in three days? What good is that? (winking!)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I don't have any Ghirardelli large choc chips on hand but I do have morsels and I have everything else so I am making these TODAY! And I am adding pecans. Pray I don't eat all eight. Haaahahaha xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I can't eat 'em anymore though...

-smile-

Kim said...

My daughter is the baker around here, I'm handing this yummy one off to her! Thanks!

happyone said...

They look so good but I have a recipe I've used for years and years. :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oooh you and your sissy are naughty wicked gals trying to sabotage my waistline! Lol Speaking my love language in cookies Ladies. 💗

Kerin said...

They look delish!
Thanks for sharing the recipe!

(I like that this recipe is small-batch style.... perfect for empty nesters ...*smile*)

Warm wishes.
~K.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I made a batch this afternoon. You're right: these are the best. I did double the recipe because unlike that old TV show, eight was not enough, haahaaha! Added pecans too. TG went wild. xoxo

Suemn said...

Oh, I like the idea of baking 8 chocolate chip cookies and not 3 dozen like most recipes. This is perfect for me as I just bought a large pumpkin pie from Costco yesterday. ha!

Barbara said...

This cookie recipe intrigues me. Only 8 cookies! I will probably try this! Thanks for sharing!