Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Several of you asked for my recipe for Chai tea, after I mentioned making it.  It's very easy to make, and it really is good!  It also makes a nice gift, if you package it in little jars.  I made it last year to give to the other managers in our building.
I try to keep it around during the cold weather.  It's a perfect warm up drink!


Chai Tea

  • 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, optional
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea, regular or decaf, a powdered mix that's sometimes called "unsweetened iced tea"
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 1 cup powdered nondairy creamer
  • 1 cup French vanilla-flavored powdered nondairy creamer

  • Measure all dry ingredients into a blender or food processor. Pulse or puree until well-combined and mixture becomes a fine powder. Transfer to an air-tight jar or container or spoon into gift jars.
  • To make the tea stir 2 heaping tablespoons of mix into a mug of boiling water. 
  • Makes 6 cups mix

  • 11 comments:

    Ginny Hartzler said...

    Wow, I even think I cn smell it through the screen! Thanks!

    Hootin Anni said...

    Delicious

    Beth Cotell said...

    Oooooohhhh! Sounds delish! I wish I had a big mug of this right now.

    Deb J. in Utah said...

    What a delightful gift that will make!

    Beside a babbling brook... said...

    Thank you!!!!

    I had NO idea, what was in it!!! And now, I do!

    🍁🍁🍁

    Jenny the Pirate said...

    UGH this sounds wonderful! I will be making some! xoxo

    Sally said...

    Oh, that looks and sounds good! :)

    Joyful said...

    This is a nice, little Christmas gift.

    Kim said...

    This sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!!

    Great-Granny Grandma said...

    Wow, I had no idea chai tea had all those ingredients in it.
    Sounds delicious. Makes me want to try a cuppa.

    Sandy said...

    Made a note card, many thanks for the follow up. Much appreciated.