Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Great Grandpa and Grandma meet Cassie

 Last week I took my Dad and step mom to meet Cassie.  I know I've told you before, but I have the best Dad and he just loves his family.  His grandkids and now his great-grandkids are such a joy to him and he couldn't wait to meet the 3rd great granddaughter.  My stepmom is also so sweet and loves those kids.  She was excited for this too.
It was extra special after having him go through having covid last month.  He's 89 and has had heart issues, so seeing him doing well and holding her was a joy!

Proud Grandpa!







He's still got the touch!




Great Grandma was happy to have a turn too.



A 4 generation picture!  (excuse my hair - no one told me it was sticking up!)  Andrew said this almost counts as a 5 generation picture, because my Dad is sitting in the rocking chair I was in last week, the one that was his Dad's, so we remembered him as we took the photo.

"Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."
Proverbs 17:6


17 comments:

Jan said...

So sweet!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful photos spanning the generations!! Your Dad is strong; so glad he is all better now!

Deb J. in Utah said...

These are such darling pictures. Little Cassie is so beautiful! So glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Have a good week!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Precious!

Changes in the wind said...

Four generations strong! That little one is in good hands.

Arlene G said...

So so precious. I know you loved having that generational photo and that your dad was sitting in a generational chair makes me more special.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...nothing like family! Mari, this is priceless.

Sylvia said...

So pleased to see those beautiful pictures of you all, and especially your dear dad with Cassie. What a joy for him to hold her. All very emotional and thankful I should imagine.

Terri D said...

There is just nothing better than a loving family! Great photos!! Cassie is precious!

Sandi said...

SO SWEET!!

Doris said...

Sooo sweet!! Those generation pictures are a treasure. And that baby, oh my word ♥♥

Henny Penny said...

I love the pictures! That is so sweet. Baby Cassie sure has a lot of hair. It is so pretty. She shure is a cutie.

Tracy dixon said...

Grandbabies are awesome. Our boys have always been close to their grandparents on both sides. We made sure of it. I was always close to my grandparents too. I knew I wanted the same relationship with our granddaughters.

Jenny the Pirate said...

What a treasure, that last photo! I love the one of Ann leaning over your dad as he holds baby Cassie, too. How precious. xoxo

Jean said...

Soooo wonderful that your dad is now doing so well after COVID at his age! Thank you, Lord!! These pictures with that precious baby are so very beautiful and touching!

Debi said...

What precious photos. My dad will turn 90 on Sunday and he hasn't seen his great grands in a couple of years and he has never seen my daughter's youngest as they live in Virginia and haven't been able to visit. So glad your dad got to snuggle Cassie and that he is doing well.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Playing catch up. LOve this so much! xo