Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

A Day in my Life

 It's 2021!  Here's how I spent the first day of this year.

I slept in!  I got up around 8 and had a bagel for breakfast, and spent a little quiet time reading. Then I started some laundry and cleaned the kitchen.


In the meantime, Bob was busy working in the living room.  We had a new window and door put in, and Bob put up new frame and trim on them.


Today was the day he planned to prime and paint all the wood.



I had a big project too. This is the closet in the room the girls sleep in.  It tends to be a catch all room, especially over the holidays when all sorts of things come out of storage.  I'm ashamed to have you see this mess!   I took everything out, sorted it out and put it away.  


Here it is - looking good!


I also cleaned out this cabinet.  The bag you see on the floor is full of things to be donated.
It feels good to have that job done.


In the meantime - here's a view out our back.  It had been kind of dreary all day, and in the afternoon it started snowing.

Bob finished his paint job and we decided we would take a drive.


We stopped at Heather and Andrews and snuggled our sweet Cassie.  She went to the Dr last week and is up to her birth weight again.


I hated to lay her back down when we had to leave.

Bob was in need of some new jeans, so we stopped on our way home for them, and also picked up a few groceries.

Then we called and ordered supper to be picked up. (restaurants around here are closed to inside dining because of covid)

We got this yummy lasagna at a restaurant in our town and enjoyed it when we got home.

We relaxed and watched a little tv.  Then I went to bed at 9, because I was getting up at 3 to go in to work.

It was a really good day!

12 comments:

Terri D said...

Sleeping in until 8:00 and getting up at 3:00. Oh my goodness!! I am such a lazy slug. I sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 most mornings and could never get up at 3:00 a.m. God bless you!! Cassie is adorable. Bob is such a talented woodworker. I seem to remember you cleaned out that closet last year too! They do have a way of filling up. We have an entire room that gets dumped in. Stay safe and stay warm up there!! Peace & hugs! xo

Ginny Hartzler said...

You got a lot done, and your closet looks so much better! I really like your pretty white cabinet. Cassie's pics just beg to be hugged and kissed and never let go! The lasagna looks so good!

Arlene G said...

That is the very door I have been looking at to replace our old front door Mari. And hey, my craft closet was a wreck before I got it back to rights. Holidays tend to lead to messiness I think :)

Mary said...

I love the “I love you a bushel and a peck etc...” sign, where did you get it? I used to sing that to my daughter when she was a baby.

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwww, Cassie is just so darling. And you two are busy for the New year...cleaning, building & making home improvements.

Linda said...

Every single night I am in bed by 7:30 because I have to be up by 4 am for work...sigh...anyways---Cassie is so adorable. We just love all her hair, smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

Changes in the wind said...

You accomplished a lot and the best was the snuggling the grandbaby:)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

You and Bob had a busy day and everything looks very nice. The snow is so pretty; we are promised some flakes for this Friday by the weatherman so I am hoping. Sweet Cassie is a doll baby for sure.

Mari said...

Mary - I got the sign at a craft show. I used to sing it to my kids too, so I knew I needed that one!

LL Cool Joe said...

You did a great job cleaning that cupboard. We are still allowed takeaway food only here in the UK now, and your lasagna has inspired me to get McDonalds. Not as healthy of course!

Jeanette said...

Isn't it a nice feeling to get stuff organized? Your newest grandbaby is adorable! I'm so glad your family gets together during these times. My family does too! I can't imagine going months and months without being able to hug and kiss my kids and grandkids!

Jenny the Pirate said...

That closet looks as spacious as a catch-all room just by itself! Good job organizing all of that. I would probably just have closed the door, make a cup of tea, and sat down to read a book. Your door and window are just perfect and I can't wait to see them all done. Cassie is marvelous! xoxo