Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Cooking Thursday

Here's a recipe I made on New Years Eve. We didn't do anything this year, but sat home and watched a movie, so I thought I would make something fun for us. This was easy to put together - I had actually done that the evening before knowing I was working a long day on Thursday. We both thought it was really good and the leftovers heated well in the microwave and still tasted good!

(not my pic - it was on the original site)

Hot Taco Dip
1 pound ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
16 ounce can refried beans
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced jalapenos
1 cup black olive slices
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese
black olives, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and cook until browned; drain. Add taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Spread refried beans into bottom of a round or rectangle baking dish.
Spread the taco meat over the layer of refried beans.
Sprinkle on diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos, and chopped olives.
Top with shredded cheeses.
Sprinkle black olives over top if desired.
Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Serve with Frito's scoops and enjoy!
  1. Serve hot.


 

11 comments:

Jan said...

That looks and sounds delicious!

Terri D said...

Yum!! I want some right now! Thanks!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! I would even eat it for breakfast!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I always get the best recipe ideas from you, Mari. I can see you are a great cook. Thanks for this. I will be giving it a try!

Arlene G said...

Yum...

Jenny the Pirate said...

OH YEAH. Lose the black olives and I'm all the way there. I think we may have to do this for TG's birthday party a few weeks hence. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Sparky said...

Gosh that looks good. I can almost taste it. YUM! xx

Kim said...

Oh boy that looks so good!!! xo

Hootin Anni said...

You know me well enough by now...I love anything Mexican!

Joyful said...

This looks very yummy. Something I might try one day when I want nachos.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is speaking my love language. Throw in a margarita and it's a party! Lol