Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Vacation!

 I was on a little blog break last week because we were on vacation! I'm going to spend a few days sharing pics of our time with you - sorry to those who've already seen things on FB.  :)

Bob and I went to Pennsylvania with Heather and Andrew.  Bob and Heather have always been very interested in Civil War history.  Andrew and I enjoy it too, but Bob and Heather are really into it. Heather always wanted to visit Gettysburg with Bob and we thought we better do it this year before the baby comes!

We left bright and early Monday morning.  We picked them up at 6 am and were on the road shortly after.

It was dark when we left, but soon the we saw the sun coming up.  It was a hazy morning, the news said it was because of the wildfires out west. It made a pretty sunrise though!


We drove from Michigan to Ohio, then finally made it to Pennsylvania.

After a few hours, we started seeing the beautiful mountains.  The scenery was gorgeous.



We drove through 3 tunnels through the mountains along the drive.







A little before 5, we made it to our cute little cabin in the woods!



Here's the living area...



The kitchen...


Looking down on the living area from the loft.



Our bedroom...
There was another bedroom on the main floor for Heather and Andrew.



Upstairs in the loft were 3 twin beds...



and a desk and tv.



In the basement was another living area...



laundry area...



and another bathroom.
Lots of room for us 4!


The back yard was gorgeous - picnic tables and a fire pit - and woods all around.
We saw deer every morning and evening.  It was quiet and peaceful, such a perfect place to spent the week.
Tomorrow I'll tell you about Gettysburg.

20 comments:

Arlene G said...

How fun....Yall need to come south and see some of the battle fields here. Chickamauga and Shiloh are not too far from me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cabin is adorable! It sure has everything, especially a really nice kitchen. It is really picture perfect. The sunrise is beautiful, but so sad why.

Joyful said...

It's a pretty drive to your destination. How many hours does it take to get there? The cabin looks very spacious and comfortable.

Susan said...

That cabin looks so cozy! Yes the smoke has made for some pretty sunsets. We were hoping to get back east last fall but it did not work out so we went to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite instead.

Sylvia said...

Love hearing all about your trip and the pics. What a great place to stay.

Hootin Anni said...

Bud and I have been to Gettysburg (he's the history buff). I've often thought of all the statues in the cemetery & surrounding areas in the days of "statue turmoil". Love the cabin.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

The cabin was perfect and looks like plenty of room for all. Looking forward to other pictues.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari - what a great trip. I love the cabin you stayed in. That is great! I love all that knotty pine wood. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Have a good Monday!

Jean said...

I LOVE this cabin so much!! I want to stay there sometime. Send me the info when you have a chance.

I was amazed that you drove all that in one day, but then I remembered that one time (pre-kids) we drove from Manheim, PA to Wisconsin Dells in one day. And we used to drive straight through to Mobile, AL and Tampa, Florida. Ugh. Not anymore!

Linda said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. I am glad you are back safe and sound, smiles.

Changes in the wind said...

You put on some miles but glad the scenery was nice and LOVE the cabin. Can't wait to continue on this little journey.

Doris said...

I just love that cabin! What a fun trip and to do it with your daughter and son-in-law made it even more special.

Dianna said...

Your cabin was amazing, Mari! It brought back memories of a house we rented on the coast of Maine with our son and daughter-in-law before our first granddaughter was born. Only instead of that gorgeous wooded area in the cabins backyard, we had the ocean. The whole area where you stayed looks so peaceful and quiet...my kind of place.

I have to ask...do you mind going through tunnels?

thismammablogs.x said...

Lovely to have you back , photos look phenomenal looks a wonderful trip x

Henny Penny said...

That first picture with the sun coming up is just beautiful...of course so are the other pictures. That cabin is soooo cute!! I could live there! Bet it was fun. It looks so cozy and comfortable. I'm not crazy about driving through tunnels. :) Oh Mari, I made teriyaki chicken by your recipe. It was delicious! Thank you!

Terri D said...

Gosh, I don't know how I missed this first vacation post, but I did see the cabin pictures on Facebook. So cute and perfect for your get-away with the kids! I'm glad they could make the trip - you are right about no time for it when the baby comes, at least for a few more years. Thanks for taking us along, Mari!

Debi said...

What a beautiful place!

LL Cool Joe said...

That cabin looks a lot of fun, but did it have the internet!

Mari said...

Yes Joe - it had internet!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Darling cabin! I can smell the pine trees. What a wonderful getaway. I can't believe Heather rode for eleven hours. She's a better woman than I, haaahaha. xoxo