Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Cooking Thursday

 I made this crockpot meal for supper last week.  I don't think it could be much easier than this one, and it was good!  Bob was raving about it, so it's definitely a keeper.  If you like chinese food, you need to try it!


Teriyaki Chicken

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1 inch cubes  

3/4 cup teriyaki sauce

1/2 cup chicken broth 

4 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon dried garlic

4 tablespoons corn starch

1/2 cup cold water

green onions, sesame seeds for garnish optional 

Stir together teriyaki sauce, broth, brown sugar and garlic in crock pot.  Add chicken pieces and stir into sauce.  Cook on low for 5 hours.

Mix corn starch and water.  Remove sauce from crock pot and place into small sauce pan.  Bring to low boil on stove top.  Stir in corn starch mix and heat until thick.  Pour back into crockpot with chicken and cook on low for another hour.

Place in serving bowl and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.  Serve over rice.

12 comments:

Anita said...

THIS, I can definitely do! It looks delicious.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks really yummy!

Arlene G said...

I think this would appeal to some of my family. I am not a big Asian food fan.

Joyful said...

That does look good!

Hootin Anni said...

I would love this! I know I would. I make it often, but stove-top. Using a crock pot would definitely work. (and I really liked your wordless Wednesday!)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I know I would like this one and using the crock- pot makes it even better.

Sparky said...

Gosh, that looks good. I like Teriyaki on just about any kind of fowl. Bet y'all enjoyed this meal a lot.
Blessings xx

Terri D said...

This sounds SO good! Thanks, Mari!

Linda said...

Oh that looks so good, smiles.

Henny Penny said...

This is another one I want to try. You are such a great cook!

Kim said...

Wow...That looks so good!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I love the words "serve over rice" ... the dish sounds wonderful and if Bob raved, I know I'd like it. Copying this one like I do all the others ... xoxo