Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Cooking Thursday

 When Andy and Nikki were here they made supper for us one night.  They made a nice roast which was yummy, but there was a lot left. I used those left overs to make a favorite here.  If you have left over beef, this is a yummy way to use them up.



BBQ Beef

2 cups shredded, cooked beef
1 cup ketchup

1/2 cup vinegar

4 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

4 teaspoons packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder


Heat all ingredients, except beef to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir roast into sauce and serve on buns.

11 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks yummy, and done in a snap!

Susan said...

That looks really good!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

This sounds great! I think we will give it a try!

Linda said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy. Smiles

Arlene G said...

We seldom make BBQ because we have so many good BBQ joints here in Alabama. We just had some at Big Bob Gibson's on Saturday with Charles and Nancy.

Changes in the wind said...

Yes this is good but afraid I would have opted for shredded beef burros:)

Terri D said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my goodness! This looks delicious. I almost hated to look and see another good looking recipe. Looks like I will have a buy a notebook and label it Mari's Recipes. :) Thank you.

Hootin Anni said...

I bet this was just soooo delicious! (having someone cook for me sounds like a piece of heaven, too!)

Oh, and LOVED your butterfly wordless wednesday!

Debi said...

Yummy!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I think I'd almost make and shred a chuck roast just to try this! Sounds delicious. Copied xoxo