Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2020

A Day in my Life

 September is here.  I'm always kind of sad when September arrives.  It means Fall is nearly here, and winter is not far behind.  However, it's nice that the temps are a little cooler, and Fall is a beautiful season. September one was an eventful day for us.  I'll tell you about my day!

I had the day off from work, but had lots to do that day!  I did sleep in a bit, but was up around 8.


I started my day with 2 poached eggs.  Have you seen these silicone egg poaching cups?   I just got them and they work well.  Spray the cup with PAM, then open the egg into it and lower into a pan of boiling water.  Put the lid on and let boil for 6 minutes.  They slide right out of the cup and are perfectly done.


I had a lot to do on this day - vacuuming, mopping, dusting, bathrooms.  I got to work on that right away.
 
One area I was cleaning was our family room downstairs.  The night before Bob and I had set up this air mattress to prepare for guests.  Andy and Nikki were driving up from Kentucky to spend a little time here, so I had to get it ready for them.



After the cleaning was done I took a lunch break.  I had tomato sandwich for lunch - a piece of toast, a little mayo, tomato and some black pepper.  Yum!

I had an appt at 1 to get my hair done - a cut and color.  It was needed and I was happy to have it done!



After I got done at the beautician, I went to get groceries and got home around 3.



After I put the groceries away, I took a walk out side.  Here's how our new porch is looking.  It's a good start!



In the back yard, we're starting to see some tinges on color.


Soon Bob came home from work. We relaxed for a little bit, and then headed out for a dinner invitation. We were invited to Heather and Andrews house, along with Aaron and Laura and girls.  The reason?  They had an ultrasound that morning and found out the sex of the baby.  So - we were all excited!


Here's Alaina and Ruby, always happy to see Oliver again.



Before we ate, Heather let Alaina read the note on the ultrasound with the big reveal.



We had a nice supper of grilled hamburgers, salad and fries.  Later we had ice cream with toppings in the correct color for either a girl or a boy.

After a nice evening, celebrating with Heather and Andrew we headed home.  Andy and Nikki arrived in the early morning and went straight to bed.


Oh!  Did you want to hear the news?  Was is a boy or a girl?

It's a girl!

15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yea for another little girl!! Such wonderful news! Sounds like such a nice day. I am glad you have your family so close. I love your backyard and the new patio. Hope you have Labor Day off and have a good week. Stay well and see you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Being a new follower, who are Heather and Andrew? Family or friends? What exciting news, and so cool that you were there to celebrate with them! The porch is looking good! Will it be enclosed or screened in

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Congrats on another little girl; if she is as precious as the two now, you will have your hands full when they visit. Glad you got some chores done you wanted to do and then had a good meal to end it all. Happy Labor Day!

Linda said...

Awesome news!!!! I am so happy for Heather and her husband. smiles. Thank you for sharing your day, Mari. smiles

Arlene G said...

I bet the girls were excited to be having a girl cousin!! Heather looks like she is doing well. Love seeing what others doing all day. I guess I am just nosy.lol Those poachers look like a great addition to the kitchen.

Connie said...

Great news...another precious little to love.

Phoebes World said...

Congratulations! Little girls are wonderful..although not always sugar and spice
Thank you for sharing your day.. Poached eggs are my absolute favourite (especially on toast with Heinz tomato ketchup)I neeeed thouse silicone cups!
And that view of your back yard!! Ok...Im jealous!
Have a great day!
Phoebe x

sharon said...

Congratulations on another girl!

Terri D said...

How exciting to have another granddaughter coming!! Nice that hand-me-downs will work between cousins! I grew up wearing cousin clothes!! Those poached egg thingies are nice! I haven't made poached eggs in a long time. We just have boiled eggs or I fry them over easy. You always find the best gadgets!! Thanks for sharing your day with us!!

Doris said...

How fun to have another granddaughter!! Congrats to all!
Have a great week!

Sparky said...

I live in the South. Fall, Winter, and Spring are time's to look forward too.
Looks like y'all had a great time.
Hope your day was happy! :)

Sylvia said...

LOVE catching up with all your family news Mari and wonderful news about that little girl. How excited the two cousins will be.

Jean said...

How FUN!!! The girls will have a baby girl cousin!

I'm excited about that big porch!

Debi said...

How exciting to have a new grandbaby coming! I bet the girls are very excited to have a new baby cousin to love on!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaaahaa I wanted to know but I thought you weren't going to tell us and I was determined to respect y'all's privacy ... but I was going to email you if you didn't tell, haaaaha! Pirate! Now I need some silicone egg poaching cups. Thanks a lot. xoxo